Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: clutch still wont disengage!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
70-914nut
I have adjusted the new cable all the way and it still wont diengage. I have been reading and i think i need to drop my tranny. I need to see what is going on inside the tranny. Any other tips? Is it easier to drop just the tranny or engine also?
stugray
If you have FI, it is probably easier to drop just the tranny.

If you have converted to carbs, I used to be able to drop the engine+tranny in 1 hour by myself.

Stu
Richard Casto
There is a lot that can be done to diagnose before you drop engine/transmission. Provide more info. It sounds like you replaced the clutch cable. Has any other work been performed recently? Has the clutch tube broken free in the center tunnel? Has the clutch tube torn free from the firewall? Is the clutch throwout arm hitting the bellhousing when you push on the pedal and preventing it from moving enough to disengage the clutch?

Richard
70-914nut
The car was bought after a resto but sat for a long time. Is it possible the clutch rusted to the pressure plate?
r_towle
yes, it is possible that its stuck.
You need to get the car running to break it free.

Rich
rick 918-S
Make sure you clutch tube isn't broken frss from the tunnel and lower firewall. If that's the case the tube will just move and the clutch will do nothing. Also check to see the clutch fork is seated on the pivot.
70-914nut
can i see the fork inside? What do i look for?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.