Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Wood dash face
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
markb
I've saved this for a while, but never have used it, so it's time for it to go. I have seen these on a few cars, and have been told was a dealer item. It's in nice shape, but there is a crack between the radio & heater control cutouts. I think it could be glued and almost disappear. From the size of the glove box door handle, I would say it's for a 72-76. Asking $75.00 shipped CONUS.

Click to view attachment
Tom_T
Mark,

Yes, they were a dealer sold accessory, & here's pix of one in my buddy's 71, which he got from the dealer set-up this way on a prior buyer order who then backed out (my buddy is the 1 owner of this 1.7 so I know the story on it). I'd seen them in the dealers myself back in the day, behind Circle's & Chick Iverson's parts counters!

Some good exterior wood glue & clamping overnight should mend the crack to invisibility, but they'll have to be careful installing it not to bend & re-crack it. Once installed with the dash metal to back it, it should be fine in place.

For your prospective buyers .....
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Hope this helps! smile.gif
markb
Thanks Tom. Looks good!
markb
Haven't heard from prospective buyer, so back up for sale
914itis
PM sent
markb
QUOTE(ppetion @ Jun 27 2011, 07:07 AM) *

PM sent

No PM received sad.gif
914itis
QUOTE(markb @ Jun 27 2011, 10:24 AM) *

QUOTE(ppetion @ Jun 27 2011, 07:07 AM) *

PM sent

No PM received sad.gif

Sorry you ahould have it now!
JmuRiz
Mark, before selling, could you make a template of that?

I'd love to have a correctly sized template to cut out my sheet c/f.
c12croft
PM sent hyper-speed, like Big-Bang fast, I mean even Steven Hawking could not define how fast reverse time.
markb
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jun 27 2011, 11:27 AM) *

I'll do that. smile.gif
markb
QUOTE(c12croft @ Jun 27 2011, 01:13 PM) *

PM sent hyper-speed, like Big-Bang fast, I mean even Steven Hawking could not define how fast reverse time.

Got it! biggrin.gif

SOLD!
c12croft
QUOTE(markb @ Jun 27 2011, 12:23 PM) *

Got it! biggrin.gif

SOLD!

Mark,
What's up?
???? I think most reading this would understand your response to be that you "Got" my PM and accepting it as I won, then posting for all that it's "sold".
How can you already have accepted payment if you didn't post your Paypal, or address of sorts? sad.gif
ugh
mikea100
QUOTE(markb @ Jun 27 2011, 04:23 PM) *

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jun 27 2011, 11:27 AM) *

I'll do that. smile.gif

I'd love to have a copy of the template as well. Thank you, Mike.
914itis
QUOTE(c12croft @ Jun 27 2011, 08:26 PM) *

QUOTE(markb @ Jun 27 2011, 12:23 PM) *

Got it! biggrin.gif

SOLD!

Mark,
What's up?
???? I think most reading this would understand your response to be that you "Got" my PM and accepting it as I won, then posting for all that it's "sold".
How can you already have accepted payment if you didn't post your Paypal, or address of sorts? sad.gif
ugh

Don't feel bad, it's still coming to the west coast piratenanner.gif
markb
Wait, I'm confused. c12croft, you were asking about the column stuff, not this dash face, correct?

ppetion was sending a PM for this dash face, which I got, but mistakenly quoted you (c12croft,) when acknowledging receipt of ppetion's PM. ppetion was the first to offer and send payment, so he's the one I sold to.

c12croft, it seems you lost on two of my parts, which I'm very sorry about, but I have to sell to the first person to offer payment.
c12croft
QUOTE(markb @ Jun 27 2011, 09:27 PM) *

Wait, I'm confused. c12croft, you were asking about the column stuff, not this dash face, correct?

ppetion was sending a PM for this dash face, which I got, but mistakenly quoted you (c12croft,) when acknowledging receipt of ppetion's PM. ppetion was the first to offer and send payment, so he's the one I sold to.

c12croft, it seems you lost on two of my parts, which I'm very sorry about, but I have to sell to the first person to offer payment.

Mark B,
I perfectly understand and accept the laws of the wild for parts sales on World. I'm a big boy, albeit relagated to living with the aid of velcro and a stinkin' wheelchair. headbang.gif
confused24.gif What I don't understand is not following your own rules (?).
Your own post #11. you quoted my post that advised you of my PM, and you acknowledged by writing "Got It" and "Sold".
Pretty clear to me Mr B. smile.gif
You're startin' to give me a complex here. sad.gif

This is your dash face thread, not steering column thread.
--------do-----the--------right------------thing--------------(karma)---------
markb
Doing the right thing is selling to the person who first PM'd me stating he wanted it, and where to send the Paypal. That was ppetion. Asking for sympathy because of "living with the aid of velcro and a stinkin' wheelchair" does no good. I'm VERY sorry for your condition (whatever it may be), and sorry you were beat out on 2 of my sales. I'm playing by the rules of 914World, and doing what is fair.
c12croft
QUOTE(markb @ Jun 28 2011, 10:27 AM) *

Doing the right thing is selling to the person who first PM'd me stating he wanted it, and where to send the Paypal. That was ppetion. Asking for sympathy because of "living with the aid of velcro and a stinkin' wheelchair" does no good. I'm VERY sorry for your condition (whatever it may be), and sorry you were beat out on 2 of my sales. I'm playing by the rules of 914World, and doing what is fair.

Mr B.
Alas, I sought counsel from the great oracles of the 914 gods. In essence, the 'ol mighty advised that any further attempt by me to further enlighten is futile, and I risk for ever having my image on the 914 boards tarnished for "sour grapes" over a wood dash - just not worth it. So please accept my apologies, I was confused by your responses on my post. I thought I won. Not my place to question if or not you're playing by the 'rules'.
PS The velcro reference: ChristopherReeveParalysisFoundation.Com, under c4 injury. Just please, please drop the sympathy thing, it's the worst dig. I realistically just can't operate this dang keyboard fast enough with what I got left of me.
please no hard feelings 914 brother? flag.gif
markb
I AM sorry for your disabilities. Let me check at GPR when I'm there next week, I think there may be a wood dash front stashed away. I don't think it's in as good a shape as mine is, but I'll check.
c12croft
QUOTE(markb @ Jun 28 2011, 08:51 PM) *

I AM sorry for your disabilities. Let me check at GPR when I'm there next week, I think there may be a wood dash front stashed away. I don't think it's in as good a shape as mine is, but I'll check.

thanks but don't be sorry , I'm just grateful to be part of this comradarie for the car I worship. Overall, you guys are great to learn from by just purusing the threads in garage forums and to ask questions when necessary, with no negative judgement. I'm convinced I'll someday be able to go from driven to driver, but until then I can continue to glean info from others experiences and garner an occasional upgrade part for my son (teenage, so doesnt have 'bug' yet) or mechanic to try out.
Thanks again, if u know of another source for a wood dash i'jde forever be in yor debt.
Regards
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.