Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Very Nice 74 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
Check out the mileage on this car, hmmmm, musta not like it very much. confused24.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...8&category=6430
anthony
What do you mean about the mileage? It's got 131K on it.

He also says in the ad, "Overall, the body is in nice shape. However the cancer spots (rust) have started to pop up in a few places." Maybe it's not as nice as it looks in pics.
Chris H.
Hey is anyone familiar with this car? Seanery?
madd_dogg_914
131K miles isn't a ton for a 30 year old car, but it says this one sat for a few years. He basically put 50K on it over the last 15 years, less than most, but more than some. I think he liked the car just fine. I bet these are older pictures, before cancer started (or got noticable) Anyone interested should ask for close up pictures of the know bad areas of the car. Otherwise we could have another "rustoration" like Ginter's saga.

-Chris
madd_dogg_914
DUDE . . . HOW APPROPRIATE! I just looked at the car again and time left was 9 days and 14 hours.

9 14 pops up EVERYWHERE! When you are looking for it at least HAHA biggrin.gif
seanery
I just sent him an email asking for pics of the rust and a location of the car. If it's close, maybe I'll go see it this week and post pics/info.
seanery
Here is the passenger door.
seanery
Call me Ginter:
here it is
seanery
and behind the driver door
seanery
He said its in Pittsboro (Jeff Gordon lived there, their claim to fame).
It's about a half hour away, if anyone wants me to look at it let me know, I
can make an appointment for Mon or Tues.
anthony
Wow, it's already up to $2850. I would't pay that much for that car. It probably needs a minimum of $4K in rustoration, body work, and paint - assuming the longs and suspension console aren't rusted.
Bleyseng
I have some of that rust just under the sail panel. Looks like a real bitch to fix so I haven't done it yet. Soon soon...
The door rust looks like old crash damage that wasn't fixed right, gee are we suprised!
Geoff
Brad Roberts
Watch Anthony.. it will sell for 4k because of the pretty paint...LOL

The rust in the fender corners like that is bad bad news. It can be repaired (obviously) but give me a rusted frame rail/battery tray/rear trunk/floorboards before I would ever tackle that.

This car is probably very very clean for the midwest.

B
anthony
People on ebay must not read the fine print. It's kind of slimey on the seller's part to reduce a major defect to a single sentence in such a long ad.
rhodyguy
how about the little smear of brown by the sill plate. this one needs the ice pick test. somebody's going to buy it, get burned,, get told the cost of repair exceedes the value, and it will be back on ebay by a new seller.

kevin
Brad Roberts
Kevin.. you are hardcore.. clap56.gif

The rest of the car looks nice. I might buy it IF the frame rails where solid. Getting rust repair done in the midwest is pretty cheap compared to here.

B
rhodyguy
brad, my first one, just before the shop owner was about to give it to me without so much as a kiss first, one of his mechs took me aside and said "listen man, just sell this thing for what you can". did i listen? about 4 grand later i wished i would have. never even painted the pos. still got it. runs ok, but never could bring myself to put another 3 plus extras into it. "kevin, when are you going to paint this car?". answer,"when you give me 4 grand".

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.