Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: C71 Hankook tire pressure
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
sixaddict
First use of new AX tires today with ok but not stellar results. Forgot to heat cycle....but need to know recommended pressure....hot cold or both
Using on GT six with 3 liter..245 X 45 X 15 if that helps
Thanks
Terry
sixaddict
No one using C71s ?? Makes that decision a murky one !
70_914
Isn't tire pressure something that is based on more variables than just tire choice? Weight bias, suspension setup, track layout.... confused24.gif

Tire temperatures across the tread to fine-tune the tire pressure to each car is the best way to go, if I remember correctly my days in formula SAE.
sixaddict
What you say is not incorrect as you progress to very fine tuning however specific tires have pressures they "like"...just looking for someone running C71s that could help me.

QUOTE(70_914 @ Jun 13 2011, 04:45 PM) *

Isn't tire pressure something that is based on more variables than just tire choice? Weight bias, suspension setup, track layout.... confused24.gif

Tire temperatures across the tread to fine-tune the tire pressure to each car is the best way to go, if I remember correctly my days in formula SAE.

sixaddict
Anybody ?? sad.gif
J P Stein
I've never seen them used....not talked to anyone that has (till now biggrin.gif ).

That size is a pretty big cross section for a pretty light car. I'm assuming it is square. I'll assume they are radials & you've got the normal negative camber that radials like. A WAG would be somewhere under 30 psi.....say 26 front-28 rear for 2-3 passes then see whatcha got (temps, roll over, wear). Typically the first pass or 2 is just scrubbig off the mold release.....then they'll get to work.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.