Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bear Mountain, 7 Lakes Drive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rmital
started on the Bird Board
Pelican Link

maybe to the top of the mountain...or to Mort's?
...we could meet around 8:00am at the rest stop by exit 5.
leave there around 8:30-8:45ish
76-914
Way to go Ray. Head 'em up, move 'em out. poke.gif You East Coast guy's sure like to sleep in. stirthepot.gif If you sleepy heads can get going a little earlier we could have an East Coast Dawn Patrol. Have a safe trip and enjoy. beerchug.gif
rmital
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 13 2011, 10:09 AM) *

Way to go Ray. Head 'em up, move 'em out. poke.gif You East Coast guy's sure like to sleep in. stirthepot.gif If you sleepy heads can get going a little earlier we could have an East Coast Dawn Patrol. Have a safe trip and enjoy. beerchug.gif

..if I had my choice we'd be heading out no later than 7:00am. Less bikes and people fishing off the tiny little bridges we cross over on the twisties up in the mountains. driving.gif
tod914
7 Lakes Drive from 17 to the first cirlce is a mess with gravel and road patching. Was up there a week ago.
r_towle
how about a mpa link to see if its something to shoot for?

Rich
rmital
QUOTE(tod914 @ Jun 13 2011, 12:50 PM) *

7 Lakes Drive from 17 to the first cirlce is a mess with gravel and road patching. Was up there a week ago.

we've avoided that route...only took it once when we cut the ride short and headed toward 17 to find lunch.

how about if we took the circle and went north toward Sterling Forrest?? (toward Mort's)...those roads were repaved a year or so ago.
tod914
Ray any of those side roads off of 7 Lakes should be ok. Or at least in better shape than 7 Lakes. The one that comes onto 17W is quite fun. Lots of twists and dips, and some hairpin turns. If you guys go up to Morts, maybe I can meet you guys up there.
SLITS
"Mountains" on the east coast av-943.gif

Not much higher than a good speed bump. poke.gif
timofly
QUOTE(rmital @ Jun 13 2011, 01:08 PM) *

we've avoided that route...only took it once when we cut the ride short and headed toward 17 to find lunch.

how about if we took the circle and went north toward Sterling Forrest?? (toward Mort's)...those roads were repaved a year or so ago.

Ray, got a meeting place nailed down?
rmital
QUOTE(timofly @ Jun 13 2011, 10:49 PM) *

QUOTE(rmital @ Jun 13 2011, 01:08 PM) *

Ray, got a meeting place nailed down?

yes....kind of....the taildraggers what to meet on 9W, not to far from the usual spot. Still plenty of time to change again....stay tuned!
rmital
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 13 2011, 06:21 PM) *

"Mountains" on the east coast av-943.gif

Not much higher than a good speed bump. poke.gif

speed bumps a plenty here in NJ/NY....mountains maybe not; more like foot hills.
injunmort
i might even be able to drive my 914 to this. 4 mile test went without a hitch more to come. a gathering at my place would be great, bbq or whatever.
rmital
QUOTE(injunmort @ Jun 15 2011, 08:20 AM) *

i might even be able to drive my 914 to this. 4 mile test went without a hitch more to come. a gathering at my place would be great, bbq or whatever.

icon_bump.gif
INJUN...follow the pelican link. There's a link on one of the posts showing the route we'll be taking. It'll go right past your place. If you don't join in, meet us in Greenwood Lake to show off your new paint job!!
914 shifter
Gate Hill Road cheer.gif clown.gif new_shocked.gif
rmital
Okay....Roll Call, who is goin' for a drive this Sunday morning (June 26)??

The below is the address (for your GPS) of the meeting spot.
243 Route 9w Palisades, NY 10964

I took a drive up 9W this past weekend, very nice.

WHO'S IN??
injunmort
i'm in, just need to catch up with the group in greenwood lake.
rmital
icon_bump.gif

flag.gif driving.gif shades.gif bye1.gif smilie_pokal.gif driving.gif biggrin.gif
rmital
one more icon_bump.gif
not many 914's....ppetion, no interest??

looks like I'll be hanging out with taildraggers again.... driving.gif
914itis
QUOTE(rmital @ Jun 24 2011, 10:02 AM) *

one more icon_bump.gif

Thanks Ray, I was not aware of this thread, but I will be there.
rmital
QUOTE(ppetion @ Jun 24 2011, 11:34 AM) *

QUOTE(rmital @ Jun 24 2011, 10:02 AM) *

one more icon_bump.gif

Thanks Ray, I was not aware of this thread, but I will be there.

I figured since we both missed the "dual-carb club" meeting a few weeks ago...this might make up for it! biggrin.gif
timofly
QUOTE(rmital @ Jun 13 2011, 09:43 AM) *

Pelican Link

Ray,

Fickle Finger of Fate got me. Fuel pump is leaking and unless somebody local has one, I'm out for Sunday.

Tim

rmital
QUOTE(timofly @ Jun 24 2011, 06:36 PM) *

QUOTE(rmital @ Jun 13 2011, 09:43 AM) *

Pelican Link

Ray,

Fickle Finger of Fate got me. Fuel pump is leaking and unless somebody local has one, I'm out for Sunday.

Tim

"say good night dick"...... biggrin.gif
Kraftwerk
How did it go? I should have been there now that the car is running great.

914itis
QUOTE(Kraftwerk @ Jun 25 2011, 03:18 PM) *

How did it go? I should have been there now that the car is running great.

CODE
wow! You are alive in the 914 world. Left you a few messages. .... I am glad you are still a 914 owner. .

The drive is tomorow, sunday.
rmital
Excellent drive today....hope everyone found their way back to civilization flag.gif

We were really out in the sticks...pretty sure it was still new York state confused24.gif
914 shifter
great drive beerchug.gif damn i missed the gay parade hissyfit.gif av-943.gif
914 shifter
pic
914 shifter
pic
rmital
very cool collection of cars today...
rmital
nuther...
rmital
not bad for the "right" coast..... biggrin.gif
rmital
can't forget about Paul...
injunmort
great time everyone thanks again. look forward to doing it again, maybe to the winery. hope all made it out with no problems.
tod914
Nice gathering. Had a graduation party to attend the nite before for my friend's son, H.S. graduation. The 140 proof rum and ginger beer from the Bermuda won.. Swing by and check out the new machine when you have time Ray.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.