Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got together with Hank aka: 914 Shifter on Sunday 6/12/11
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NJ914Guy
At my house in Deptford NJ. We talked about 914's, drove some old VW Porsches, drank a beer, and took some great pics and a video. My 1973 and his 1974 looked great together, a real sight!

Hank is the guy who purchased the Silver 1974 Jake Raby 2056 car in like 15 minutes back in March of this year. The car is a solid driver and has a lot of potential for a full cosmetic restoration. But of course the real cool-factor is the Jake Raby engine. The 140HP 2056 pulls HARD, of course that was after we fixed his car. You see, when Hank arrived from his 90 mile drive down from North Jersey, the car started running a bit rough and was missing and breaking up around 2-4k RPM. The good news was that the fix was something very simple and something to keep you eye out for. Hank's car, like a lot of our 914's has a Pertronix points elimination module in the distributor. When we pulled the cap we found the small sticker pulling away from the side of the Pertronix module and affecting the dwell. Using a razor blade, we removed the sticker and problem solved! So, be careful and keep this in mind should your Pertronix act-up.

Below is a video of the 2056 pulling away and also a great pic of the two 914's together for the day.

Nice to meet you Hank - keep in touch and drive that baby!

-Chuck

VIDEO OF HANK'S CAR

IPB Image
RFoulds
WTF.gif
Hey, I thought ALL Northwest cars were rusty and ready to become parts cars. Those two look nicer than most west coasters!
NJ914Guy
Too funny - I think you mean NORTH EAST biggrin.gif
RFoulds
OOPS Yes. As a former Nor'wester, I was thinking of home.

We hear so much about the rust prevalent in th eolder cars in your area, its just great to see two gorgeous examples on display.

All mine have come from CA or AZ, so I take rust free for granted. Now when I lived in NW, it was a LOT different...
NJ914Guy
I have to admit, mine was a West Coast CA car from 1973 to 2000. Then to the East Coast for the restore.

QUOTE(RFoulds @ Jun 13 2011, 05:53 PM) *

OOPS Yes. As a former Nor'wester, I was thinking of home.

We hear so much about the rust prevalent in th eolder cars in your area, its just great to see two gorgeous examples on display.

All mine have come from CA or AZ, so I take rust free for granted. Now when I lived in NW, it was a LOT different...

SirAndy
Embeddeling is not so hard! laugh.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH1QmT8OiZE
Jake Raby
Looks and sounds familiar!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.