Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Air Cleaner Housing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
I was looking for a air cleaner housing which would fit and have good filtration. I saw this 95 MB 420 ish one. I adapted the inlet to fit my Chevy unit and sanded off the MB emblems. I am going to put a pair of short bellows and paint it up a bit. The center cap will be replaced with a newer Porsche unit, a chrome one maybe. There's not much room under engine lid but this one fits great. I like the more modern look.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Andyrew
Got a pic of the underside for the mount? Been looking for something that will give me more clearance than the typical 2" filter w/ 1/2" base.

Looks like a really good fit!
drive-ability
Andyrew,

I had to cut out the bottom to the 5" plus size and just found a rubber gasket that fit just right. I think its a little bit smaller than the needed size. My system is an Edelbrock EFI and being just a little smaller didn't interfere with the flow. I did as you can see sand off the MB emblem and cut a hole in the center. The insert I am using was taken from a spare tire hold down from a Toyota. You know the plastic peace used often which sits inside the hub area connected to the big wing nut provided to hold the spare tire in the trunk. It all fits, go figure ?

Ebay example
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.