Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FRONT AND REAR BRAKE PADS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914.SBC
Its time to start working on brakes and suspension. The car stops fine but it could use new rotors, bearings, seals and pads. I purchased the pads off ebay to try and save a few pennies. I had the wheels off a few times during the motor build but never really paid close attention. Anyway, when I received the pads they just dont look right. One set is large and the other rather tiny.

These are for a 4 lug wheel. Can anyone tell if they are correct for my 1970 application. At least recognize if they are realtively the right size and shape. I will take wheels off soon enough but my neighbor has my jack and he is gone for a few days.

Thanks
Cap'n Krusty
No. The uppers are something else entirely. The lower ones "might" be fronts, but it's hard to tell without measurements. I'm afraid you haven't saved a lot of money after all ........................

The Cap'n
914.SBC
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 13 2011, 08:51 PM) *

No. The uppers are something else entirely. The lower ones "might" be fronts, but it's hard to tell without measurements. I'm afraid you haven't saved a lot of money after all ........................

The Cap'n

Yeah Cpt I do believe you are correct. I knew something was wrong when I opened the box and saw that it was from Summit Racing. I buy tons of stuff there for my Camaro but not the 914. I need to take a trip to the UPS Store.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.