Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: electrical problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mipstien
So I haven't drove my teener for a couple of months and this morning I got in and everythingwas fine warmed it up and then drove about 5 minutes. I then went to brake and all the gauges decided to die from what looked like a lack of power. Maybe a short in the brake lights. But I wanted any other info someone might know please
mipstien
i typed that on my phone. lets see if i can add some information to this. i lose gauges but not engine. the car starts right up and i seemed to still be getting a good charge from the alternator *seem*. i haven't had a lot of time to check it just about 10 minutes because i had to go to work. everything slowly stopped working all together as i drove it back home. but when i stopped and restarted the car at home everything worked until i pressed the brakes again, except the voltage meter.
904svo
check fuses 7&8 they stop making contact from corrosion or you hit them getting
in your car
mipstien
so i am still having this problem although it only happens, it seems, after it warms up. the fuses -looked- ok but i only really looked at them and spun them in the spots after putting them back in. any ideas? maybe a bad ground in the brake lights?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.