Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: German Car Day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
This is an informal roll call to see if we can finally make a statement at this annual car show that the 914 has a following.

Any takers?

Rich
Jasfsmith
Rich:

I was in hopes of making the trip this year, but I didn't realize it was so soon. Can you pass on the next year's date a bit earlier?

James
r_towle
Fathers day....it comes up every year.
mskala
I actually went once. Didn't really enjoy it. Of course,
the place is nice and I've gone there several other
times for seeing the collections and stuff.
bembry
Ooh--I want to go..not sure if I can make it, but if not raining, I'll sure try!
badm
Sorry!
I will be at the car show in Hyannis this year with my son, My 914/6 and his TVR Vixen. Nice to be asked to do somthing with my 21 year old. Badm.
bembry
Rich--what city is this in again? Don (sixerdon) had mentioned it, but I can't remember the exact location. I'll be coming up from Newport RI.
sixerdon
QUOTE(bembry @ Jun 14 2011, 04:16 PM) *

Rich--what city is this in again? Don (sixerdon) had mentioned it, but I can't remember the exact location. I'll be coming up from Newport RI.

Hey Brent,
It's in Brookline. I'll PM you later. Maybe we can meet along the way and you can follow me up.
It would be nice to get a good turnout of teeners for this event. It's always packed with the typ356ne club cars that like to "parade" in to the grounds.
Mark, don't be so shy. This is NOT a concours and you will be among friends. Put some numbers on that /6 and make people think you just came back from Le Mans.
Ben, sorry you can't make it this time. Maybe you can make it to Porsche Fest in September. Same place.

Don

jk76.914
Gotta go to a wedding in New York this weekend, or I'd go for sure.

Jim
scott_in_nh
We all had a great time at the show!
5 914's, 3 arrived early enough to be on the main lawn - Don, Brent and myself.
My son and I were the 2nd Porsche to arrive at about 8:20 so other than leaving enough room for the 356 club, we could park where we wanted so I found a nice shady spot under a tree shades.gif

Once parked we had arrived early enough to tour an empty museum and watch the cars come in to the show - alwyas better to see, hear and smell cars moving then looking at them sitting!

This was my son's 1st car show as an attendie and he really enjoyed the attention paid to our car, looking at the other cars and how nice the people are (as did I).

All in all it was a fun relaxing Father's Day. aktion035.gif
scott_in_nh
out on the lawn....

scott_in_nh
the line-up...

sixnotfour
where is Rich ?
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 20 2011, 09:19 AM) *

where is Rich ?

in the white shirt with the dark cap - that is also his lt. blue 911
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.