Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlights dont light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Andyrew
So my headlights dont work but they flip up and the rear lights come on just fine.

Any idea's? They used to work and they they started coming on and off, and now its nothing.

partwerks
I wonder if there could be some kind of a grounding issue or no??

Like that ghost wipe I had with the intermittent relay. It was just a loose screw under the horn ring that was making it get weird.
RickS
Did they work before? Check the fuses and then start swapping relays tp see if yours are bad. After that you need to get technical - which is where I get off the train. Bueller, Bueller?
Andyrew
They used to work, but they they started going out.. Im thinking it could be a ground, but I am not sure which ground it is nor which relays control the lights (not the light motors)
Mike Bellis
The ground is right behing the headlights, in the trunk. Fuse 1&2 are high and 3&4 are low. High and low fuses will not both be hot at the same time. Is there power to the fuses with the lights turned on? If so, bad ground or bad bulb. If no power to any of 4 fuses, bad hi/low relay maybe but I bet your problem is back at your ignition. Headlight power is from the ignition switch to the headlight switch to the relay to the fuse to the lamp.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.