Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VDO dual sending unit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
I was about to order the dual oil pressure sender but noticed that there is a relo kit for this sender. Is it necessary if I have the engine tin off?
Bleyseng
yes, use the relo kit which is a brake line and clamp. Makes it alot easier in the long run.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Jun 14 2011, 09:13 PM) *
yes, use the relo kit which is a brake line and clamp. Makes it alot easier in the long run.

agree.gif

The dual sending unit will not fit in the stock location. The kit includes an extension hose.

chowtime.gif
76-914
Thanks, that saved me a future headache. aktion035.gif I was planing on screwing it in later so that I could complete the engine assm. Glad I asked.
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 14 2011, 08:58 PM) *

I was about to order the dual oil pressure sender but noticed that there is a relo kit for this sender. Is it necessary if I have the engine tin off?

If you have the tin removed, just open up the sender hole.
That's what I did. Thread the dual unit directly into the case.
r_towle
Or use a nice looking paint ball gun stainless air hose.

Rich
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Jun 15 2011, 12:32 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 14 2011, 08:58 PM) *

If you have the tin removed, just open up the sender hole.
That's what I did. Thread the dual unit directly into the case.

Makes a major cooling air leak.

The Cap'n
Cevan
+1 on the paintball air hose. Use a little thread sealant.
nsr-jamie
Anyone have some pictures of this? I am going to be installing new gauges too once my taco plate shows up.
76-914
So if I buy a paint ball hose, and I wouldn't know where, will it come with the correct size ends?
76-914
So if I buy a paint ball hose, and I wouldn't know where, will it come with the correct size ends?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.