Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Source? Throw out bearing?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Bellis
Both PP and AA and even ebay have new TB's for around $150 shipped. Is there a cheaper solution for a CSOB 914 owner? WTF.gif
76-914
a good used one. they clean up real good. wub.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 14 2011, 09:05 PM) *

a good used one. they clean up real good. wub.gif

I have one that I could re-pack but I want a new one. sad.gif
Rotary'14
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jun 14 2011, 09:02 PM) *

Both PP and AA and even ebay have new TB's for around $150 shipped. Is there a cheaper solution for a CSOB 914 owner? WTF.gif

The TO bearing I got with my kennedy kit was a special machined piece that you would press a regular bug TO bearing onto (but you had to cut the "ears" off of the TO bearing). It might be cheaper than using a 914 one. You should give them a call.

http://kennedyenginc.com/default.aspx

-Robert
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Rotary'14 @ Jun 14 2011, 09:20 PM) *

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jun 14 2011, 09:02 PM) *

The TO bearing I got with my kennedy kit was a special machined piece that you would press a regular bug TO bearing onto (but you had to cut the "ears" off of the TO bearing). It might be cheaper than using a 914 one. You should give them a call.

http://kennedyenginc.com/default.aspx

-Robert

I'm kind of amazed there isn't a simple VW part number to replace it. I might have to buy one from McMark. He has the best deals around!
Dr Evil
Did ya try GPR???

Call Jonathan tomorrow and see what they can do for ya. I know for a fact he has 3 great used ones (not 100% they are used so have to say so).
jim_hoyland
I got mine from GPR when they had the big parking lot sale and Bar-B-Q, good prices ! smile.gif
SLITS
I have never used a new one .... always good used and have never had one fail.
JWest

I'm kind of amazed there isn't a simple VW part number to replace it. I might have to buy one from McMark. He has the best deals around!

In my experience the VW throwout bearings are short-lived, while the Porsche bearing is just about bulletproof. I think you would be money behind in the long run to try to adapt a VW part in this case.
MartyYeoman
Try PartsHeaven $120.00.
No shipping.
70-914nut
call me i may have a new one. I a bunch of new bearings and seal that came with the car i bought. as i am not even sure what they look like but i have tons of stuff 252 340-3722 if i have one im sure we could swing a cheap price or you might have something i need. Barry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.