Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Packwood attendance this year is going to be better than past
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
grantsfo
A few of the fast Cali people planning to come up to Packwood this year. I already see that Jeff in the "point and shoot sprite" is coming up. Looks like Andy is hauling the RX7 up. Should be an excellent show for you all. Think a few other fast drivers are planning to come up.

I don't see much competition in prepared classes yet but at least Brit will get a sense of where his car stands against national level mod cars and drivers. Great venue to debut his new car!

Hey Adam the fast Nissan/Solstice guy is running with Brit. He's a fast driver from what i hear just hope he doesn't break the 914 like other cars he has driven. Lol!

Still too far for me to drive to get my slow butt kicked! But should be fun for anyone up in the great northwest territories!
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Jun 15 2011, 05:46 AM) *

A few of the fast Cali people planning to come up to Packwood this year. I already see that Jeff in the "point and shoot sprite" is coming up. Looks like Andy is hauling the RX7 up. Should be an excellent show for you all. Think a few other fast drivers are planning to come up.

I don't see much competition in prepared classes yet but at least Brit will get a sense of where his car stands against national level mod cars and drivers. Great venue to debut his new car!

Hey Adam the fast Nissan/Solstice guy is running with Brit. He's a fast driver from what i hear just hope he doesn't break the 914 like other cars he has driven. Lol!

Still too far for me to drive to get my slow butt kicked! But should be fun for anyone up in the great northwest territories!

Packwood is always big. People from all over the US were there last year as well. confused24.gif
grantsfo
There are a few more of the real fast guys talking about coming up given who has registered this year.

Look at last years results. You wont find any of the fast California cars present in Mod or Street Mod. Then look at this years registered events.

http://www.scca.com/documents/resultfiles/...%20results4.pdf

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/eve...1BC6031DEAD9330

You guys will have a real race this year! It will be a treat for you who havent seen fast Mod cars before. These cars are wicked! Its about time the hicks in the sticks get edumacated! popcorn[1].gif

Britain Smith
That is because nobody wants to travel to Colorado.

-Britain
grantsfo
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Jun 15 2011, 11:34 AM) *

That is because nobody wants to travel to Colorado.

-Britain

Yeah I figured with UT going away that Packwood might be a little more popular. I'm trying to drum up BSP interest. I might be up for hauling the Z to pack wood if there is a big BSP crowd. Boxster might be going to pro solo in CO so I may fly and drive to that event just to get seat time in that car before Nats.

And dude as much as JP and I have our little hussy fits I so want you to kick butt! I just say the stuff I do to motivate you guys to spend money I know you have to spend to go after these guys! Lol! Nothing like motivation to prove me wrong to get you guys in gear! I know you understand what it will take to go after fast XP cars. Not many 914 guys completely understand what you are up against. But I do think you can do it. I just worry about your tire choice. Cantilevers do suck butt compared to other tire and wheel combos you have access to.
J P Stein
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Jun 15 2011, 07:09 PM) *

[ Cantilevers do suck butt compared to other tire and wheel combos you have access to.

Brit uses the cantis in front for a reason. The options are very limited.
The rears are not cantis & may grow wider in the near future.
grantsfo
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jun 15 2011, 07:39 PM) *

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Jun 15 2011, 07:09 PM) *

[ Cantilevers do suck butt compared to other tire and wheel combos you have access to.

Brit uses the cantis in front for a reason. The options are very limited.
The rears are not cantis & may grow wider in the near future.

Go back to the sidelines JP ...youre out of date. Plenty of options that are run with much success. Honestly a6 is a better choice than those pieces of sheet. Hamilton crew learned that quickly. Dang man they run 335 rears and 275 fonts now and don't have half the power of Brits car.

While Brit will kick booty in XP at NT just watch fast emod cars eat him alive. He needs a better tire setup if he is serious.
J P Stein
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Jun 15 2011, 08:14 PM) *

While Brit will kick booty in XP at NT just watch fast emod cars eat him alive.

Keisel eats everybody alive....and that is about the extent of your AX knowlegde.

The success of your latest "great white dope" of an AX car shows that....is it out of the shop yet? The OS Geico LSD packed it in, eh? Must be time for another car.

Speaking of getting eaten alive, there is enough BSP competition entered now at Packwood that DFL is your best hope.....but just maybe you could finish closer that 7 seconds behind in class.

You are now & always have been a freaking joke. Gin up some interest in finding someone that will disagree with that.
jjackson
[quote name='J P Stein' date='Jun 16 2011, 07:52 AM' post='1494648']
[quote name='grantsfo' post='1494520' date='Jun 15 2011, 08:14 PM']
[/quote]

Keisel eats everybody alive.... .

Collett was up this weekend with the water injected,supercharged s2000.After seeing him and the Zust car-it will not be close-unless Jason cones out again.The speed required to be the fastest prepared car in the country is incredible and the bar is moving up.Our sister car is changing to 18 X 10's due to the tire choices and the A 6s.I do not like our car with the 24.9 Inch tall tire-still like 22.9 inch tire but might have to change our thinking.Brit-good luck in your pursuit-XP will get crazy fast in the upcoming years.Last year the FP car (with royalty) was the fastest prepared car in the country.That will not happen again.
More tire and downforce will be required in my opinion.JJackson .

PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jun 16 2011, 05:52 AM) *

Keisel eats everybody alive....and that is about the extent of your AX knowlegde.

The success of your latest "great white dope" of an AX car shows that....is it out of the shop yet? The OS Geico LSD packed it in, eh? Must be time for another car.

Speaking of getting eaten alive, there is enough BSP competition entered now at Packwood that DFL is your best hope.....but just maybe you could finish closer that 7 seconds behind in class.

You are now & always have been a freaking joke. Gin up some interest in finding someone that will disagree with that.

Shut the FUCK up you two. WTF.gif Why do you both have to always slam on each other? You both may have something to offer in knowledge but unless you knck off your childish banter noday gives a rats ass what you know.
J P Stein
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Jun 16 2011, 10:11 AM) *

]

Shut the FUCK up you two. WTF.gif Why do you both have to always slam on each other? You both may have something to offer in knowledge but unless you knck off your childish banter noday gives a rats ass what you know.

Ah, a little girl who just learned how to cuss. av-943.gif
Me & Grant been doing this for years.....we communicate this way. If you don't like it, you don't have to read it. Maybe you can get an Admin to ban us.....since you're not one.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jun 17 2011, 08:31 AM) *

QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Jun 16 2011, 10:11 AM) *

]

Ah, a little girl who just learned how to cuss. av-943.gif
Me & Grant been doing this for years.....we communicate this way. If you don't like it, you don't have to read it. Maybe you can get an Admin to ban us.....since you're not one.

Ah, clever. You are an intelligent one JP bootyshake.gif

At least Grant has the fortitude to know when he has crossed the line and apologize. Seems you are too big for that an instead find the need to insult. Good on you.
J P Stein
I suggest you put me on your ignore list. You'll get no apology from me for crossing your imaginary "line"....nor do I expect one from a hypocrite like you.
Joe Ricard
I wish I could actually do something about the conversations here.

Play nice, or go home whatever. I guess I have the power to close this thread. Lucky for y'all I am not wearing my Ass Hat today.

Hey Mr. Jackson, was nice sitting with you pool side in B-ville last weekend. Great event !!!!!!!!
jjackson
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Jun 17 2011, 03:40 PM) *

I wish I could actually do something about the conversations here.

Play nice, or go home whatever. I guess I have the power to close this thread. Lucky for y'all I am not wearing my Ass Hat today.

Hey Mr. Jackson, was nice sitting with you pool side in B-ville last weekend. Great event !!!!!!!!

Had good time talking teeners and auto X.Thanks for the compliment on the event-We are a small Region.Midsouth support on the practice course sure does help.
Glad you made it up to B ville.JJackson
EdwardBlume
JP and Grant really love each other.. admit it. grouphug.gif
J P Stein
Love may be a bit of a reach, but obviously some take our banter much more seriously than we do. Grant is as big as a house. I'd run like hell to keep from falling into his embrace. blink.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jun 16 2011, 05:52 AM) *

Actually OS G LSD wasn't the problem. The issue was related to long heat inducing track sessions not ax. After inspection by OSG everything was determined to be Ok. Just some minor tuning and use of their magic sauce will fix the problem. I have finned diff cover now to help as well. Damn it's hard to break anything at ax and I have yet to really break anything at parking lot shuffle, but you seem to not have trouble breaking stuff all the time? And the Z has been running fine? Just ask the GGR and LPR Porsche guys how slow my 3500 lb whale of a car is JP. He he he. It has taken some time for me to learn how to drive a front engine rear drive car after all these years in low power mid engine and FWD cars. It takes a very different technique. But I'm getting faster.

You and I both knew my entry in San Diego was not going to be competitive. I had nearly zero seat time in that car and shocks had been installed a week before the event. It had zero SP weight reduction efforts as well. And stock power plant didn't have a chance against well developed Berry EVO. Now according to you I'd need at least of couple years before my car would be competitive so I'm right on track! I mean after 10 years your 914 still isn't nationally competitive after how many thousands of dollars? happy11.gif

Yeah based on that fast BSP crowd I m going to skip pack wood. Maybe a Z Car only ax in Southern Oregon in middle of frinken no where would be a better venue for me? first.gif

And no victory fist pumps from Brit unless he is within two seconds of Emod Fast times as he is running in XP group of missfit toys. Heck i could slap XP on my car and give him and Adam more competition. He should man up and run emod rather than go for tires. Hell I'll buy him a tire if he runs E mod!

Hey keep an eye on pro solo in CO. You might see phat bastard show it's tail to a few cars.

It is exciting to see Brits car getting closer and the FP teener in the South doing well! I m really excited to see those two cars head to Nationals! And to see my Boxster go there is especially fun for me!

Now come closer so I can give you a big bear hug wub.gif

Britain Smith
Grant, my car is built specifically for XP and would not be legal for Emod.

-Britain
Chris Pincetich
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Jun 19 2011, 02:03 PM) *

He should man up and run emod rather than go for tires.

Brit's answer is obviously the last word on this but....
For those of us who do not have a long history of recognized wins in sanctioned auto racing, it does make sense to "go for the tires", get a win or three, then build bigger sponsors and focus on the toughest of tough challenges. We are all guilty of building to a class we think we can do good in.
Here's to hoping all goes well with Brit and the new Japanese hybrid Shitbox. beerchug.gif
It's still a 914! first.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Jun 19 2011, 09:07 PM) *

Grant, my car is built specifically for XP and would not be legal for Emod.

-Britain

Aside from the wing you havent installed yet I cant think of anything that precludes you from running emod. Don't run a wing. ...and I'm positive Jeff wouldn't protest you lol!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.