Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VDO Oil Pressure Adapter Hose
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Who has the VDO oil pressure relo hose #150 752D? confused24.gif PP mentions them but no listing and German Supply is out of stock. TIA
tradisrad
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 15 2011, 07:02 AM) *

Who has the VDO oil pressure relo hose #150 752D? confused24.gif PP mentions them but no listing and German Supply is out of stock. TIA

CALL Rich at HPH 650-364-6234. I have read that others are using paint ball hoses.
tomeric914
aircooled.net
76-914
QUOTE(tomeric914 @ Jun 15 2011, 08:05 AM) *

Nope, at least not metric, anyway. They only stock the 1/8" npt style, currently.
underthetire
I used a grease gun hose from ACE hardware.
r_towle
stainless wrapped air line from a paint ball gun looks better...just find a paint ball store.

rich
retro74
Here is a kit that does it all and it is inexpensive for what you get.

Hose Kit
tomeric914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 15 2011, 11:40 AM) *

QUOTE(tomeric914 @ Jun 15 2011, 08:05 AM) *

Nope, at least not metric, anyway. They only stock the 1/8" npt style, currently.

Oh, yep, my bad. I bought 3 metric ones from John, the last one being a couple years ago. Thanks for correcting me!
Cap'n Krusty
Remember, it's 10mm x 1 TAPERED thread, NOT conventional 10x1 straight thread. It's virtually indistinguishable from 1/8 NPT. You could probably cut both with the same tap and never know the difference. The 10mm x 1 straight thread is used in more modern applications, and always with a copper washer. Typical VDO dual post senders for our application have tapered threads and should not be used with adapters having straight 10mm x 1 holes. I suggest a grease gun hose, because they're cheap and readily available. They normally withstand 1500-3000 PSI, so they're substantially overengineered for this use. As always, you'll have to ground the sending unit in order for it to work properly.

The Cap'n
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 15 2011, 06:45 PM) *

Remember, it's 10mm x 1 TAPERED thread, NOT conventional 10x1 straight thread. It's virtually indistinguishable from 1/8 NPT. You could probably cut both with the same tap and never know the difference. The 10mm x 1 straight thread is used in more modern applications, and always with a copper washer. Typical VDO dual post senders for our application have tapered threads and should not be used with adapters having straight 10mm x 1 holes. I suggest a grease gun hose, because they're cheap and readily available. They normally withstand 1500-3000 PSI, so they're substantially overengineered for this use. As always, you'll have to ground the sending unit in order for it to work properly.

The Cap'n

agree.gif
grease gun hose available at any flaps
r_towle
again...paint ball gun hose.
Its NPT, it fits, and it does not look like a grease gun hose.

As always, ground the sender.

Rich
76-914
Thx Cap't, Rich 'n Chris. It all makes sense now. The black grease gun hose will match my color scheme, also. Thanks a bunch guys.
Cevan
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 15 2011, 08:20 PM) *

again...paint ball gun hose.
Its NPT, it fits, and it does not look like a grease gun hose.

As always, ground the sender.

Rich

+1 on the paintball hose. My local store had different lengths so I got one that fit perfectly. I made a metal bracket that attached to the case with one of the case bolts. This way, it was self-grounding, no separate ground wire needed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.