Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anti Seize on oil line fitting - good or bad idea?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Hiya -
I am finaly getting ready to shove the motor into the the hole! piratenanner.gif

On the two oil supply lines, should I use anti-seize on the joint where they meet? Just thinking about avoiding any potential issues on future oil changes....

Thanks -
Scott S
IronHillRestorations
It's not going to hurt anything.

The sealing surface is the conical mating surfaces, which should NOT have any sealant or anti-seez.

Sometimes it helps to tighten to the point of contact and then rotate the two hoses in opposite directions (as much as possible) to lap or mate the sealing surfaces. This technique helped me stop a very slight seepage on a oil line union.
PeeGreen 914
Loctite makes a nice product that is like a paste for this. It acts as an anti seize and a sealer at the same time. I bought my tube at a store that specialized in oil lines and fittings.
Eric_Shea
I have a thermostat on my 911 that will take more than an act of congress to get the line nut off... do it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.