Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NEWBIE wants to buy a 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
ibmiked
Hello everyone,

As an educated newbie here I'd like to ask your help in locating me a nice, driver quality 914-6. Although I like them, I am not interested right now in a conversion, only a correct car. I will not be entering any car shows so concours quality cars need not apply. What I am looking for is a nice, clean, maintained car that is a turn key driver.

My credentials are a slew of early 911s and 912s. Now I'm ready to enjoy the 914 knowing that it's in many ways a superior car. I would like the 6 so I can keep up with my 911 brethren, and because I would like to know that a future restoration would not neccessarily put me upside-down financially. Plus I think they're cool and I want one (nuff said?).

If you have (or know of) such a car please contact me.

Much obliged,

-Mike
mcd@pocketsolutions.com
or PM me.
Tom_T
Mike -

I suggest that you also put this as a post in the Garage Forum as well, as an intro to yourself, in order to get a wider audience with eyes out for you, since everybody goes on there. It will also get your first real post to start your count (classifieds don't count towards posts, since they want members active on the site in the other forums).

Good Luck! & welcome.png
Cairo94507
Hello and welcome. I look forward to the cars that people will find and send your way for you to evaluate. Please try to keep us all informed and if a car you see is not to your liking or specifications, please tip us off to it so maybe it can still find a home. I found my '71 914-6 (original six) thanks to a tip from one of our members here. I searched for about two years before finding and buying mine.

Surprisingly for as few of these cars as there are, they come up pretty regularly for sale.

Here is a picture of my car the day I bought it. I drove it before buying it but elected to have it flat bedded home due to the distance.

Click to view attachment

Best wishes, the search is half the fun.
Michael

dion9146
If you only want an original six, I can completely understand, but don't totally rule out some conversion cars. Many of them are hack jobs, but some of them would make the factory green with envy. And if one of your criteria is to keep up with the 911s, an original six might do that, but a good conversion car will leave most of them behind.

Dion
carr914
welcome.png

Stay with your Dream, if you want a Factory -6, wait for one to come to you.

I believe that once the Economy comes back, a "Real" Six will be a car that really goes up in value

T.C.
ibmiked
Thanks everyone, I will take your suggestions to heart. I know that conversions can be/are profoundly more powerful and/or fun to drive, but I like to know that while I'm enjoying the heck out of my cars they aren't also depreciating away.

For example I had an '88 911 Backdated to look like a '71 with a 3.6 motor in it. By far the most exciting and coolest car I ever owned, but when it came time to sell I got about $0.50 on the dollar. No regrets, but I would like to avoid that on my next car. Plus, I am looking for more of a period driving experience like you get from a mostly stock car.

I thought I had done some pretty good homework on values for a driver quality (non concours) cars, but the market segment was small and perhaps I have priced myself out of the market. With the economy in its current state, what should I expect to pay?

Thanks,
Mike
Bobby Smith
I got about $0.50 on the dollar

You should have called me. I would have given you .55 cents on the dollar. I loved that backdated 3.6. Good luck with your search. I also feel that a good conversion car would be an excellent choice. They also hold their value. I've had both an original 6 and I now own a 3.2 conversion 914 and for me, the extra power is EVERYTHING!
ibmiked
As I recall Bobby, you were looking for a Targa...

I understand the conversion thing, I'm just hankering for an original this time around.

-M
QUOTE(ibmiked @ Jun 16 2011, 05:45 AM) *

Thanks everyone, I will take your suggestions to heart. I know that conversions can be/are profoundly more powerful and/or fun to drive, but I like to know that while I'm enjoying the heck out of my cars they aren't also depreciating away.

For example I had an '88 911 Backdated to look like a '71 with a 3.6 motor in it. By far the most exciting and coolest car I ever owned, but when it came time to sell I got about $0.50 on the dollar. No regrets, but I would like to avoid that on my next car. Plus, I am looking for more of a period driving experience like you get from a mostly stock car.

..funny, I want to put a 3.6 into a 914 for the fun factor vs thinking of the depreciation.

Good luck with your search.

Thanks,
Mike

racerbvd

You might want to check out this one, very nice, and fast..
1970 Porsche 914-6 - $45000 (Orlando Florida)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-06-19, 10:35AM EDT
Reply to: sale-kgzx4-2449513987@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1970 Porsche 914-6 (original 6) Steel GT flares, no rust, no rust repairs, street legal, 6k miles on 2.7l with 46 PMO's, original 901 gearbox worked over by Powerhaus2, 238hp at the rear wheels. RSR front suspension, front S break calipers adjustable break bias, bolted roll cage........407-259-1259. Watch YouTube video: RRR 914-6.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/2449513987.html

carr914
If my memory is correct, that is a color change car and obviously far from Stock

I know the Seller

T.C.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.