Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brakes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
doit2xs
Hi, can anyone tell me on the 71 -76 BMW Tii front calipers. Are they a direct fit for the early 914 or the late? Anyone know best place to get a 23mm master cyl. Thanks, Don
Cairo94507
For me, this list is short and simple: Eric Shea at PMB Performance. He is the brake guru as far as I am concerned and I would run any brake question by him. Then of course if you actually need brake work, rebuilt calipers, etc., he is the man. One stop shopping.
Good luck
clow
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jun 15 2011, 05:08 PM) *

For me, this list is short and simple: Eric Shea at PMB Performance. He is the brake guru...

If I am not mistaken the BMW calipers need some small machine work to fit.

Edit:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=55559

Ctrl+F and search BMW. Its in the second post.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(clow @ Jun 15 2011, 06:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jun 15 2011, 05:08 PM) *

For me, this list is short and simple: Eric Shea at PMB Performance. He is the brake guru...

If I am not mistaken the BMW calipers need some small machine work to fit.

You are not mistaken...
tomeric914
The BMW calipers are a waste of money. Get a set of stock rebuilt calipers from Eric and some Porterfield pads. It'll be the best money you ever spent on brakes AND you won't have to mess with a 23mm master cylinder.
rick 918-S
I have BMW 2002 4 piston calipers on my 72. I may have later housings though. I'm not sure which bolt pattern I have. They were a direct bolt on needing no mods like the BMW 320I calipers. The tricky part is the duel lines. I think a fresh set of stock calipers are just as good.
dion9146
Those are pretty little calipers. Didn't realize BMW 2002s had 4 piston binders, or that they fit our cars?!
Cap'n Krusty
A 23mm master cylinder is gonna make the pedal effort gigantic. Have you REALLY thought this all out? I fail to understand the attraction of brake mods that make it harder to stop.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.