Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone worked with this Fuel Pump?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Prospectfarms
This thing is so cheap its probably is supposed to sit inside a gas tank, but I can't see how. It's rated for almost 90 liters an hour at 45 PSI. No amperage rating but its about the same size as the OEM. Threaded +/- terminals. Intake nipple = 12 mm, pressure side = 7mm.

Helped me determine that my original three nipple Bosch pump was bad. I routed the cars fuel pump return line into the tank return line and hooked her up. Works fine right now, had to turn down the pressure regulator and it pumps up fast. No check valve that I know of but it holds more residual pressure than my old pump.

Here's a link, something wouldn't permit me to attach my web archived image, sorry.

https://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogI...076604&An=0

Fuel Pump - (Electric In-Line Type) - Actual MFG OEM

Part Number: BSH N69133
Product Line: Bosch

Fuel Pump Fitting Size[s] : Electric Fuel Pump
Fuel Pump Gallons Per Hour : 22.45
Fuel Pump Pressure Rating : 45 PSI
Features and Benefits:
This Pump is the Original Equipment Fuel Pump. This Pump Will Provide You and Your Customer Confidence that it Will Perform Exactly Like the Original Equipment Fuel Pump because That is What it is.
Warranty:
Limited 12 Months

SLITS
That fuel pump is a standard configuration much like the '75 - '76 pump. Used on a lot of cars with different fittings. Check valve is in the outlet.

Not "in tank"!

I don't see how NAPA can off it at $31, but who knows. $60 is the cheapest I've seen.

The last ones I bought (for fun) were Chinese "Bosch" just to see if they worked.
Prospectfarms
Thanks for that info, it reduced post-install anxiety. It's so cheap I was afraid I had done something "wrong."

I'll check the country of origin on the box and report.

BTW, it looks exactly as shown on the NAPA web site listing.
SLITS
Well, I just bought one to compare to the others that I have .... I may not need it, but for that price I'll keep one around.
Prospectfarms
I'd like to know your opinion after you take a look (worth permanent install?).

Here's a photo of the NAPA code # and country of origin: Deutschland.
Click to view attachment
TheCabinetmaker
I just bought one at my local napa for 27.00 I have a car that needs it right now. We'll find out if its the real deal. Also found a set of 2L mains yesterday. Genuine vw.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Prospectfarms @ Jun 15 2011, 09:33 PM) *
something wouldn't permit me to attach my web archived image

IPB Image
Prospectfarms
Much obliged, Sir Andy. I'll figure out these fancy picture devices one day.
SLITS
QUOTE(Prospectfarms @ Jun 16 2011, 11:17 AM) *

I'd like to know your opinion after you take a look (worth permanent install?).

Here's a photo of the NAPA code # and country of origin: Deutschland.
Click to view attachment

I would install it with a smile and motor on. It should be a good piece that used to sell for $175+ dollars.

My local store didn't have one, so it has to be shipped in. Now it's gonna cost me $40.00 ... what a bummer! lol-2.gif
76-914
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 16 2011, 08:58 AM) *

Well, I just bought one to compare to the others that I have .... I may not need it, but for that price I'll keep one around.

poke.gif You should put that in your trunk for a spare. beer.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 16 2011, 03:31 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 16 2011, 08:58 AM) *

poke.gif You should put that in your trunk for a spare. beer.gif

I will .... but it won't work ... I don't own a /4 anymore so I guess I'll have to carry spare parts on runs for those that do. /6 CIS requires a 75 psig pump.

Now that I think about it, I'll buy another .. 45 + 45 = 90. I hope I have room for two. slap.gif
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jun 16 2011, 04:18 PM) *

I just bought one at my local napa for 27.00 I have a car that needs it right now. We'll find out if its the real deal. Also found a set of 2L mains yesterday. Genuine vw.

I'm finally getting around to buying one of these and the local price has gone to over $130 and online it is over $80 WTF.gif
scott_in_nh
Is anybody familiar with D&M?

http://www.dmauto.com/web/dmauto/Catalog/N...mfg/BSH/N69133/
SLITS
QUOTE(scott_in_nh @ Aug 7 2011, 07:46 AM) *

Nope ... right image, wrong application .... it's not an "in-tank" pump.
scott_in_nh
It is a problem with this vendors description, it is the same part number (who it turns out is just a NAPA dealer with an online presence)
moparrob
Not to hijack your thread but I do have an extra 'high pressure' Bosch pump that I'm not using since I decided to switch to Weber carbs. The pump is Bosch part number 0 580 254 979 and runs at 5 bars (which I believe is about 72 p.s.i.).

The pump was over $275 when purchased and it was used for one season.

It looks like this but presently has AN-6 anodized fittings on it:

IPB Image

These are the specs:

Application
Fuel pressure 5 bar
Delivery rate at 5 bar and 22 °C 205 ± 5 l/h
Pressure limiting valve 7 to 12.5 bar rel.
Operating temperature range -20 to 90 °C
Storage temperature range -40 to 70 °C
Max. vibration 3 mm at 10 to 18 Hz
≤40 m/s2 at 18 to 60 Hz

Technical Specifications
Mechanical Data
Diameter 60 mm
Length 168 mm
Weight 980 g
Mounting clamping
Electrical Data
Supply voltage 6 to 16.5 V
Operating voltage 13.8 V
Load current at 5 bar and 22 °C 11.0 ± 2 A

I'd be willing to sell it for $85.00 shipped anywhere in the CONUS if you need it. Just PM me and let me know.

Rob
ThinAir
I'm running a pump that looks like the Napa/DM one on my son's 1975 VW Bus (2.0 Liter, L-Jet). I brought the pump years ago from Summit Racing. The memory is a bit vague, but I'm pretty sure it's the same thing. The only issue I've had is that I had to move the pump to a location that had better air circulation to get rid of a vapor lock problem.
JFJ914
$87 today.
skaufmann
I bought that pump from D&M. At the time my 72 D-Jet pump would not run after sitting for 8 years. As it was shipping from D&M I took the pump apart and cleared the varnish and it runs again so I haven't tried to install the pump. It is the NAPA pump with that part number made in Germany.

Ordering from D&M seemed a little like a shot in the dark but the next day I got shipping confirmation. They didn't tell me how much shipping would be at time of order. It ended up being $16 and no tax so total came to $50.60. It arrived in 2 days to San Diego which is probably the furthest and most expensive shipping for them being in NY.

I'd buy from them again but would inquire about shipping first or just order over phone. They look to be a military/gov supplier.

Also it is designed to be able to run in tank. It doesn't require to be though. This pump is used in a lot of domestic EFI cars which tend to run with in-tank pumps. All it really means is the end without the leads completely sealed and can be submerged.
SLITS
The "in tank" pumps are totally different in design. The tanks have an assembly that mount from the top and an electric fuel pump will not "pull" the fuel out of the tank from the top. They add the second pump in the tank to feed the main fuel pump.

Since a teener creates a "flooded suction" by drawing from the bottom of the tank, an "in tank" pump is not needed.
Bartlett 914
QUOTE(John Jentz @ Aug 7 2011, 04:57 PM) *

$87 today.

Woo HOO piratenanner.gif

I suspected they had made a mistake on their price. I am sorry I only purchased 2 of them now!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.