Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thermostat Snap Bushing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
The small grommet for the thermostat cable passing thru the tin was missing and I started looking thru my old a/c stash and came up with one of these snap bushings. It popped right in and keeps the cable from rubbing agaimst the tin. These are made specifically for low abrasion applications in aircraft i.e. controll cables, push-pull tubes, etc. They're only about 10 cents each and are available at http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapa...snapbushing.php

The one pictured is actually snapped into the lower piece of tin. (the small one)
The black sock is heat shrink tube covering a splice in the cable.
Click to view attachment

Here is a side/top view of one. They come in different sizes and lengths.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
type47
smilie_pokal.gif I love alternatives. Especially for NLA or hard to find parts.
rjames
Your timing is perfect on this for me! I recently discovered the bushing missing on my car and was contemplating what to use as a replacement. Thank you for providing the link. A $1.94 later (including shipping) and I have a pair of them heading to my door via 1st class mail!

beer.gif
76-914
Just remember to install it on the lower piece or you'll lock the two pieces together. Not the end of the world, thought. It's plastic and would drill out easily.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.