Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie would like to say hello and ask for help.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ibmiked
Hello everyone,

My credentials are a slew of early 911s and 912s. Now I'm ready to enjoy the 914 knowing that it's in many ways a superior car. I would like the 6 so I can keep up with my 911 brethren, and because I would like to know that a future restoration would not neccessarily put me upside-down financially. Plus I think they're cool and I want one (nuff said?).

As an educated newbie here I'd like to ask your help in locating me a nice, driver quality 914-6. Although I like them, I am not interested right now in a conversion, only a correct car. I will not be entering any car shows so concours quality cars need not apply. What I am looking for is a nice, clean, maintained car that is a turn key driver.

If you have (or know of) such a car please contact me.

Much obliged, and thanks to all for such a great resource!

-Mike
mcd@pocketsolutions.com
or PM me.
ellisor3
welcome.png

They are still available, good luck on your search. Have your checked the classified section here?
KELTY360
QUOTE(ibmiked @ Jun 16 2011, 05:55 AM) *

Hello everyone,

My credentials are a slew of early 911s and 912s. Now I'm ready to enjoy the 914 knowing that it's in many ways a superior car.

You're off to a very good start.

welcome.png

Tom_T
Mike -

I just came across this one here in OC Cal last night after posting you in your WTB -
http://www.carparc-usa.com/detail.php?id=147
(no affilliation myself - but Jim Hoyland on here knows the shop's owners I think, if you want to PM him.)

IMHO it should go back to the OE Adriatic Blue (eventually) - esp. for a -6 since the value is so much better/higher in original color (perhaps a negotiating tool here?), but then I'm really a Blue 914 type of guy! biggrin.gif

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif Wooo-hoooo! post #1 !!!!
... well you're "official" now! laugh.gif Giggles-n-grins!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
ConeDodger
Mike, You should look at Elliot Cannon's Zonker. It has a Sheridan narrow kit and a stockish 3.2 and a roll bar but is very well sorted... and gorgeous...
Jeffs9146
I just came across this one here in OC Cal last night after posting you in your WTB -

RUN from this one! Looks like a problem in the Long!
rick 918-S
welcome.png
chuckc
welcome.png mike. good luck with the search.
barada
QUOTE(chuckc @ Jun 17 2011, 12:12 PM) *

welcome.png mike. good luck with the search.

Welcome and good luck with the search. I remember the 88 from the Bird. you helped me deciced to go with the earlier dash in my backdate. (W21055 on Pelican)

Phillip
Chris Pincetich
welcome.png
the 914-6 conversions aren't all bad. If you get one that is "correct" it will likely be smaller displacement than your 911 friends have. beerchug.gif
Elliot Cannon
You might be able to keep up with your 911 buddies in this one. Send me an email address if your interested and I'll send pics and info.
Cheers, Elliot
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 16 2011, 11:48 AM) *

Mike -

(no affilliation myself - but Jim Hoyland on here knows the shop's owners I think, if you want to PM him.)

IMHO it should go back to the OE Adriatic Blue (eventually) - esp. for a -6 since the value is so much better/higher in original color (perhaps a negotiating tool here?), but then I'm really a Blue 914 type of guy! biggrin.gif

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif Wooo-hoooo! post #1 !!!!
... well you're "official" now! laugh.gif Giggles-n-grins!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

There are many things that make this a much-than-less 40K six! May be a turnkey car, but not for long (no pun intended).
Pat
Cairo94507
Agree there is something going on there and I hope it is not rust. I would love to see that car go back to Adriatic Blue - terrific color.

All that being said, this is, in my humble opinion a $25K car unless that door gap is just (hopefully) a bad adjustment. If there is truly no rust I would possibly stretch to $30K if there is history/documentation for the work done and parts used, what with the matching numbers and all...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.