Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm home now. With a few thoughts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
rick 918-S
We made it home. We had several obsticles to overcome on the return trip. I had one of the new tires on the trailer blow out about 20 away from the hotel, Luke came down with a flue bug and hurled all over the side of the Exterra, Forrest accidentally took Advil, (he is allergic!) Benidril fixed him in short order. And we dodged tornado activity all the way through Nebraska, no kidding! I drove about 17 hrs in the last leg.

Was it worth it? Without question! Would I do it again? In a minute!

I need to thank a few people.

First and foremost my wonderful wife! You all need to understand without her support in this venture this car and this event would have never happened for me! I have spent the last 6 months in the garage pouring time and money into this car without thought for anything else but finishing the car for this event. Ultimately this is the most selfish thing I think I've ever done, and I've had some big selfish moments. We have bee together since we were 18 years old. I'm 46 now and she has always allowed me room to be creative. It's a special gift. I must never forget. I'm way over due in the giving department. Time to work on the honey do list big time! The car is sitting with a list of upgrades until it's safe to start back in.

I need to thank my kids. I rode them hard the last few weeks prior to the event. School, help in the shop, etc. They came through for me. All of them. In no particular order, Aric, Kyle, and my other two part time kids, Luke and Forrest. I hope you had a chance to meet them they are all very good kids with bright futures.

I'm going to add to this later tonight. I have some very important things to do today. So check back later because I'm far from finished.

Later

alien.gif
skline
Rich, it was great to meet you and see your car in person. I too would not have missed this event for the world and would do it again in a heartbeat. I met a lot of nice people and some very funny ones too. I am back on my car working diligently to get it done by July at least to drive. I am not going to paint it until winter when I can get it into the garage and finalize the body work on it. At that point, I will know of any bugs that need to be worked out and can work on them and have the car ready for spring. Being in So Cal, we have stuff going on all the time year round. My last event of the year was in November last year. I am hoping to have the car ready and they have another Baja Run. The runs down to Mexico are a lot of fun. More of a constant party and drive very fast with other 914's than an organized event. Glad you made it home safe and hope to see you again. You are an inspiration to us all.
Jeroen
Hey Rich,

Good to here you made it home in one piece!

Meeting you and the family was one of the highlights of the event for me
It's good to see kids that are actually passionately invovled in something

Thanks a big bunch for all the efforts you made for this event (car / trip / throphies / organizing)

It's been a blast!

cheers,

Jeroen
dan10101
Rich and crew. Thanks for making the extra special effort to come out to the party. You, Yaroon and some of the other long distancers really made this event just a bit more special.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

rocking nana.gif

So, next time your taking the 914 engine and putting it into a gocart?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.