Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Custom Metal Tail Light Housings.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Series9
I wanted to share some work I'm doing on Nelson's car.

I built metal, integrated tail light housings to work with Hella aftermarket lights.

I'm happy with the results.

Series9
Tack it up with the MIG and finish the welding with the TIG:

Series9
And:

Series9
The inboard light will be white for the back up lights, but I haven't purchased them yet.

I hope you like it:

Series9
I had all my 220V tools out for this one:

Rand
Cool. Are you leave the recess where the old lens wrapped toward the fender, or fill it out flush, or?
Series9
QUOTE(Rand @ Jun 16 2011, 06:58 PM) *

Cool. Are you leave the recess where the old lens wrapped toward the fender, or fill it out flush, or?

I'm leaving the outline. That area and the rear header will be satin black to contrast with the Phoenix Red paint on the rest of the car.
JmuRiz
Very cool, I like it!
TargaToy
I like the enthusiasm on the lab's face (dozing in the background). smile.gif
Eric_Shea
Good work Mr. Joe.
Madswede
I've been very excited about this concept and to see it coming along so nicely is making it hard to sit still. I expect a lot of days like this as the build progresses. shades.gif

Re: all the 220V tools at once, reminds me of the film "The Professional" ... "Bring me everyone." "What?" "E...VERY...ONE!!!!!"
majkos
popcorn[1].gif WOW! popcorn[1].gif
Gives me ideas for future Green Mach. idea.gif
rick 918-S
welder.gif smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif
markb
Nice!! I always wanted the sequentials like on the 64-66 T-Birds or Cougars. Hmmmm.... idea.gif
nsr-jamie
Cool !! beerchug.gif
Series9
QUOTE(TargaToy @ Jun 16 2011, 07:59 PM) *

She's 13.5 and 105#. In human years, that makes her about 90.

I'm just glad she's still around.
porsche_dreamer
We have a 3 year old white or (yellow) lab too, man the hair is everywhere. Nice lights btw!
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Series9 @ Jun 17 2011, 03:29 PM) *

So that makes Slits about 85 or so. lol-2.gif
Series9
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 17 2011, 10:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Series9 @ Jun 17 2011, 03:29 PM) *

So that makes Slits about 85 or so. lol-2.gif

It's not as funny when you lol-2.gif on your own post. You have to say something actually funny, then wait for it. bootyshake.gif
EdwardBlume
welder.gif welder.gif smash.gif smash.gif welder.gif welder.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif
racerbvd
Very cool..
jaxdream
Mod looks fantastic piratenanner.gif !!!! I on the other hand have wanted for a long time to graft in '67 GTO tail / brake lights , the reverse lights were in the lower valance / gravel guard. Still your efforts look great , personnaly I would place the reverse lights on the lower valance and keep the second red tail / brake for more visability. My $.02....

Jack
Series9
QUOTE(jaxdream @ Jun 19 2011, 04:30 PM) *

Mod looks fantastic piratenanner.gif !!!! I on the other hand have wanted for a long time to graft in '67 GTO tail / brake lights , the reverse lights were in the lower valance / gravel guard. Still your efforts look great , personnaly I would place the reverse lights on the lower valance and keep the second red tail / brake for more visability. My $.02....

Jack

Send me your car. I can do the mod. shades.gif
jaxdream
Joe , I have no doubt that you could do the mod I speak of , although I wouldn't be afraid to try it my self. Right now 67 GTO tail light assemblys are in the neighborhood of $275.00 +/- , it's just one of those what if , daydream ideas , but not forgotten . Your mod looks fantastic , I would venture to say one of the best tail light treatments for a 914 , or 911 for that matter. Your mod totally rocks , as well as some of your other innovations in 914s . Thanks for the offer , I'm not at that point yet .

Keep up the good work smilie_pokal.gif dude!!!!

Jack
Series9
QUOTE(jaxdream @ Jun 20 2011, 10:13 AM) *

Joe , I have no doubt that you could do the mod I speak of , although I wouldn't be afraid to try it my self. Right now 67 GTO tail light assemblys are in the neighborhood of $275.00 +/- , it's just one of those what if , daydream ideas , but not forgotten . Your mod looks fantastic , I would venture to say one of the best tail light treatments for a 914 , or 911 for that matter. Your mod totally rocks , as well as some of your other innovations in 914s . Thanks for the offer , I'm not at that point yet .

Keep up the good work smilie_pokal.gif dude!!!!

Jack

These lights?

jaxdream
Yes , those tail lights . I always liked the way they looked at night , and think they would be a cool mod ( way outside of the porsche box ) to do to the 914 rear . Being horizonial and blending in with the boxy lines of the 914 . This idea is just a daydream , and not really looking to make it a reality for myself. Somebody else may / maynot like the idea . Heck bandy the idea , see if you get hits . Thanks for the offer though .

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.