Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If you order a Raby Cam Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
I just got off the phone w/ the Type4 store and this is what we discovered. If you order Jakes kit w/ the engine seal gasket, call it in. Don't order on line like I did. Their is not an option to specify that you have a Porsche 2.0 and your engine seal kit will come w/ 4 bolt intake gaskets!Although they offered to send them out but I didn't want to wait (west coast). They'll probably have this corrected soon but I wanted to pass this along to others. sad.gif
Jake Raby
There is no selection for a cam kit with a gasket set included.. there is nothing to correct on our end.

The gasket set that is ordered is what we ship. The 2.0 914 engine is specific in it's intake gaskets due to the 3 stud intakes. If the 2.0 Bus gasket set is selected instead of the 914 the intake gaskets included will be for 4 stud intakes instead of 3 studs.

Lots of times people make the wrong selection because they don't read Porsche or 914 in the description, just "2.0" and they go with the one with the cheapest price.

Yet again, a gasket set is never coupled into any valvetrain order.. Sorry for the confusion..
76-914
Your right Jake, I'm wrong. It is not included with the cam kit. I got confused. My memory is a little slow but I finally remembered ( I think lol-2.gif ) I called that in to your order desk. The man was very helpful and even sold me your sealant kit as an add on. I can't imagine that I would try to save $5 after spending what I have with you. shades.gif
Jake Raby
No problem.. We try to make things work smoothly, but its impossible to cover every base...
We appreciate your business..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.