Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Internet scam!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Sorry I forgot, NO PORSCHE CONTENT, NO PORSCHE CONTENT......

Ok, so I am selling my old BMW motorcycle on the net and I got an email in crappy english telling me that they were interested (warning). I respond and get another email in better emglish asking me details that were explicitly posted in the add (caution). I respond with the link and just received another emial telling me, "i have a reputable shipper that will take care of shipping from your end i want to let you know i have a client in the state that is oweing me a sum of 7,000 , i will instruct him to issue you a certified cashier's cheque on my behalf and as soon as cheque arrives, you hold out your amount and send the difference to my shipper for the pick up in your place, i hope i can trust you for my balance and also you will be contacting my shipper with all neccesary information needed for pick up in your place" pretty darn good english all of the sudden (danger). I started to write an email about how I cant do what she asked because I am a habitual criminal and would probably keep all of her money, but I wanted to do something better. I really want the "cashiers check" as a souvenier, but don't want to give up my address and contact info. Plus, I want to shine this person on.

Who wants to fuck with some low life internet scum!?
GWN7
Use a P.O. Box as your address biggrin.gif

or General Delivery to your Postal office....they will redirect it to you. cool.gif
lmcchesney
The FBI?
skline
I would use a PO box and have them send you the check, then I would see if it goes through, since we know it wont, tell them never got it or tell them they arreested you when you went to cash it. Its hard to say, I cant believe people sometimes. Do people actually get away with this?
aircooledboy
QUOTE(skline @ Jun 13 2004, 03:29 PM)
Do people actually get away with this?

Had a client who just got burned like this. Knuckle head chair.gif sent some very expensive Harley parts to Indonesia, and surprise surprise, after he shipped them, the "buyer" reversed the credit card payment. Comes to me and asks what I can do about it. laugh.gif It was all I could do not to say "well, since you are dumb enough to send stuff to Indonesia w/o verified funds, I think the only thing I can do is LMFAO!!!!". chairfall.gif

No balls though, I didn't say it. Course he is a giant tattoo sporting Harley riding killer. blink.gif But he likes me. drunk.gif
Dr Evil
Ok, so here is the latest. I decided to get one of these checks for a training aid since I have and my woman still does work in the check cashing industry. I now have a chance at two because two different people have tried to scam me. Long story short here is the emial that I sent them:

Sorry for the delay, I have been working hard and I had to delete my add since I will be selling my motorcycle to you. I am glad to hear that this bike will be going to a good home. I do not have a problem with getting a cashiers check for $7000 and forwarding on the balance of the amount to your shipper. That sounds like a fair deal. Thanks to you for making this possible! I will provide you with my work address so that I can process this transaction immediately upon reciept of the check. I am so excited to do buisness with you!
Please make check payable to:

Harry Paratestis
El Gran Poobah de la Iglesia para La Educacion de Los Tantos
Culos Extranjeros
(The Grand Poobah for the church for the education of the stoopid ass foreigners)
(Address here)
San Diego, CA 92116

I cant wait to sell my motortcycle!
Thank you Mary!
-Harry

I got a laugh out of it, maybe yall will too.
aircooledboy
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Jun 20 2004, 07:42 PM)

Harry Paratestis
El Gran Poobah de la Iglesia para La Educacion de Los Tantos
Culos Extranjeros
(The Grand Poobah for the church for the education of the stoopid ass foreigners)
(-Harry

w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif chairfall.gif chairfall.gif

BWAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA, That was funny.

I might grow up some day, and harry nuts jokes won't make me laugh anymore, but I sure hope not. beerchug.gif
Otmar
Speaking of internet scams, it takes a while to read but it's well worth it:

Powerbook Prank
chairfall.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.