Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Puget Sound Caravan to WCR 2011
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aircooledtechguy
My son and I are planning to leave Oak Harbor in the morning of the 23rd. Time is fluid for us but would like to be on I-5 south by 9:00am so we can get through the south Puget Sound areas before afternoon traffic starts. I know there are a lot of folks driving down from Bellingham to Tacoma and beyond. So who would be up for a caravan to WCR??

Since this can be a bit like herding cats poke.gif , I'll plan on being in the Burlington Costco parking lot @ 9:00am ready to head south. Who's with me??
greenie
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jun 17 2011, 07:39 AM) *

My son and I are planning to leave Oak Harbor in the morning of the 23rd. Time is fluid for us but would like to be on I-5 south by 9:00am so we can get through the south Puget Sound areas before afternoon traffic starts. I know there are a lot of folks driving down from Bellingham to Tacoma and beyond. So who would be up for a caravan to WCR??

Since this can be a bit like herding cats poke.gif , I'll plan on being in the Burlington Costco parking lot @ 9:00am ready to head south. Who's with me??

This will put you into Medford at about 8:00 ??

I'm thinking you should drag your butt out of bed and be South of Tacoma by 9:00?

I'm in for a caravan but don't want to be in Orygun at midnight.

Herding cats will be easy compared to this. welcome.png
greenie
Here's the the sign up from page 1

I've deleted the names that I know that won't be coming from the Northwest.
I'm not sure of all the names so I apologize if I've left on or off someone.

Who wants to caravan and how do we meet up?

Jamie Rust (JRust) +4
Drew Montoya +1
Dean (Sawtooth) +1
Rocky
PDXMike
Greenie +1
Dave Hunt
Jon Bovey + his much better half
Bob (Bigkat)
John (Jakeodoule)
Brett Korven +1
Marc (Kealty360)
Morgan Stein +1
JP Stein (just autoX)
Mikey 914+family
James Saum (JSaum)
Strawman +3 or 4
Randal (just autoX)
Gary Chapman (in for autoX)
Brittain (just autoX)
Jim (jcd914) +1
Tony (TC914-8) +1
Steve (ZX-niner) +1
Mike Crandall(6freak)
Dan Dixon (Danno55) +1
Ben Matlock +1 (DW914er)
Marty Yeoman
Stephen (Retrotech)
Nate +1
Ian +1 (Loser Cruiser)
Mike Knox +1
Mike (B Dog) +1
Ian (IM101)
Ernie Devries (Thin Air) +1
Paul Boyd (TCAlien) +1
Brian Moreau(JZDU) +1
Lew Mengle (Shulew3)
Tom Brown (Running Wolf) +1

mstein95
I'm not heading down until Friday so you guys will be ahead of me.

I'm looking forward to some saucy PNW stories - how come Dino's not on this list?
JRust
I would like to head out around 10-11 am from Corvallis. I am fairly open but need to be down there early enough to get registration stuff ready for all you guys slap.gif
messix
Dino's been busy
TC 914-8
I'm headin south Monday with a side trip to the Oregon coast, Cannon beach Monday night, Coos bay tuesday night thru thurs AM, then off to Medford Thurs AM. let me know if anyone is in the area.
See you next thursday!!! Have a nice day!! shades.gif
Britain Smith
What time do you guys plan on running thru Portland?

-Britain
KELTY360
I'm leaving as early as I can on Thurs. (if I'm running and stopping by then). I'm meeting up with a guy who lives in the mountains south of Medford to deliver some parts before I get to the hotel.
Rocky
Im in! Just give me a spot and time south of Tacoma to meet up.

Rocky
J P Stein
I'll be leaving Vancouver around 7-8 AM Thursday. That should put me in Medford around 1-2 PM.....which leaves some time to case the joint.....er .....locate places in daylight. I've got Clancy's new book to fill extra time. biggrin.gif I always try to dial in some extra time should Mr. Murphy decide to come along for a trip. I know he gets bored hanging around my house.
aircooledtechguy
You're right Greenie,. . . (man, that's sucks to admit. . .) poke.gif

I'll meet anyone wherever, whenever. If you all want to find a place to meet say at the Tacoma mall parking lot along the freeway at 7:00-7:30am, I'm good with that too. What say you all??
Rocky
I would think that is a splendid idea but I am driving solo and Im sure the General will have something to say... Greenie?

That would get us there ~5pm...cocktail hour!

Rocky
greenie
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jun 18 2011, 10:30 AM) *

You're right Greenie,. . . (man, that's sucks to admit. . .) poke.gif

I'll meet anyone wherever, whenever. If you all want to find a place to meet say at the Tacoma mall parking lot along the freeway at 7:00-7:30am, I'm good with that too. What say you all??

How about we give you (and the General)a little more time and meet South of Tacoma at 8:00?

This puts us in Portland at 11:00 and if everything goes well in Medford by 5:00/6:00.

I'm not sure what exit we should meet at but a coffee would be nice.

Kelty you should just tag along with us, you have plenty of time during the weekend to offload your car parts? Strength in numbers with these cars.
aircooledtechguy
Sounds fine to me. Just name the exit and a spot and we'll be there.
rhodyguy
south of tacoma @8 will put you right smack in the middle of the Joint Base Lewis/McCord traffic nightmare, then you're into the mess in oly with the state workers. relax, push your departure back a bit. take 167-512 to I-5. the limit is 70 south of oly and you can drive 75 to 80 for miles to make up some time. it's not like 405 is a piece of cake at that hour of the morning for solo drivers either.

k
Britain Smith
My goal is to get outta of the Portland area at about noon...hopefully we can meet up with you guys. I gotta stop at the Shell station in Astoria for some E85, but it will be smooth sailing the rest of the way.

-Britain
JRust
Yeah let m eknow when you guys hit Portland. I'll probably be on my way allready. I'd like to get there by 4 for sure. So depending on where I am when someone calls. I may pull over & wait. I plan to leave around 10 though so we will just see in a few days. Here is my cell
Jamie
five4one-five1zero-00eight6
Rocky
I will check out 38th today for a meeting spot and report back.

Kevin, nice to hear from you!
KELTY360
QUOTE(Rocky @ Jun 20 2011, 08:38 AM) *

I will check out 38th today for a meeting spot and report back.

Kevin, nice to hear from you!

Good idea. Find a convenient coffee stand and we'll be set.

I wouldn't worry too much about traffic impacts. There's really no way around it unless we wait til after about 9:30, which is too late IMHO. Everybody just bite the bullet and leave as early as you can. We should do an exchange off cel #s to coordinate en route.

Mine is Four25Two55Two55Six
dinomium
QUOTE(messix @ Jun 17 2011, 11:10 PM) *

Dino's been busy

Busy not working on cars though! Green car still on jack stands and just have not gone out there to bleed the brakes...

You guys have fun down South and Put a Bird on it for me!
Rocky
OK, take the S. 38th. St. exit (I believe its #132) just past Hwy. 16.

Go West and stay on 38th past the first light (Steele St) on your Right you will see a Big 5 Sporting Goods and a little further past in the same strip mall is a Starbucks beer3.gif

http://www.starbucks.com/store/15910

2505 S. 38th st.

8:00 AM Thursday sounds good!

Rocky
253-549-3493
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(Rocky @ Jun 20 2011, 04:24 PM) *

OK, take the S. 38th. St. exit (I believe its #132) just past Hwy. 16.

Go West and stay on 38th past the first light (Steele St) on your Right you will see a Big 5 Sporting Goods and a little further past in the same strip mall is a Starbucks beer3.gif

http://www.starbucks.com/store/15910

2505 S. 38th st.

8:00 AM Thursday sounds good!

Rocky
253-549-3493

Sounds like a good place to me. We'll be there. driving.gif

Here's mine: Three60 Six72 Zero512
Rocky
Everyone who will be in T-Town sluggin down coffee at 8 should chime in so we know who to wait for.
greenie
I can't wait to see you guys!

All that Greenie/Meany stuff has ended, i'm gonna be the sweetest guy around. grouphug.gif

We'll see you at 8:00!
DNHunt
If you guys are open to lunch in Eugene, I know a great place for pizza.

Dave
mstein95
I'd love to see all those 914's downtown Eugene. piratenanner.gif
6freak
that exit is close for construction sad.gif

.......take the next exit turn right on Tacoma mall blvd...pass krispy cream donuts and good coffee on the left(tons of parking in the mall parking lot ).....and the procede to 38th take a left and go two blocks ..Starbucks on the right ..P.S very small parking lot with ..dont care drivers ....but then you are only two more blocks from Groits on 38th .....hope that helps .....maybe i can meet you`ll for coffee .....God speed to everyone
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.