Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ECU rebuild service
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mgphoto
Hello,
I have an ECU that I am not sure is functioning, anyone know of a rebuild service who can check the unit, prefer not to go though a retailer as middle man.
Thanks,
Mike

Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Jun 17 2011, 09:49 AM) *

Hello,
I have an ECU that I am not sure is functioning, anyone know of a rebuild service who can check the unit, prefer not to go though a retailer as middle man.
Thanks,
Mike

You might get a better answer if you told us what ECU you're talking about. Ask good questions, get good answers. If it's D-jet, they rarely fail. If it's L-jet, the failure rate is so low it's a statistical non-issue. They can't be rebuilt anyway. To answer your question on a general level, I know of only one guy that still does D-jet ECUs, and he doesn't do retail. Ever.

The Cap'n
tod914
Check the Pelican site, they use to/still may have a tester you can rent. You can also buy a remanufactured one for alittle over $200.00 last time I checked (was a while ago).
mgphoto
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 17 2011, 10:54 AM) *

QUOTE(mgphoto @ Jun 17 2011, 09:49 AM) *

Hello,
Thanks,
Mike

You might get a better answer if you told us what ECU you're talking about. Ask good questions, get good answers. If it's D-jet, they rarely fail. If it's L-jet, the failure rate is so low it's a statistical non-issue. They can't be rebuilt anyway. To answer your question on a general level, I know of only one guy that still does D-jet ECUs, and he doesn't do retail. Ever.

The Cap'n

Markings have been wire brushed away, supposed to be a '74 D-Jet 2.0L CU14X
Tom_T
QUOTE(tod914 @ Jun 17 2011, 11:04 AM) *

Check the Pelican site, they use to/still may have a tester you can rent. You can also buy a remanufactured one for alittle over $200.00 last time I checked (was a while ago).

agree.gif
They are the retail outlet for the BRET/FIC in Livermore, who used to be in SoCal (LA South Bay). I had a rebuilt from them back in the late 70's, so I guess mine was on the "minimal" side of Kap'n's statistics! biggrin.gif

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca...j_pg2.htm#item9
Drums66
........I was told by a P-car friend of 1 in texas...I can't remember where???
but.....he was jazzed about his results!!!....maybe 1 of the texas cats will speak-up? idea.gif
bye1.gif
McMark
Fuel Injection Corp. is who I use. I've heard of a few ECUs going bad, and IMHO they're not expensive so if you can afford it, then it's worth something for peace of mind.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.