Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pomona 6/25-26
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
yeahmag
I'm signed up with the GPX region of PCA for Pomona on the DE day next weekend. Anybody else coming? I noticed at least on or two other 914's on the list, but the names didn't ring a bell.

-Aaron
yeahmag
That track sucks. It is so rough I was bottoming out 225lbs springs and I would declare it dangerous to boot. They use tires on the outsides of turns so if you spin or push you hit tires! In my case I ran one over a tire one spin which ripped off my low hanging pusher oil cooler fan (switched to a puller - up higher now) and the second spin I managed to hit a tire again! That time I got some exhaust leaks at my persnickety collector.

To add insult to injury, after I threw in the towel and started packing up (after my third session) I found a screw in my brand new Hankook C71's!!! I was non too thrilled with how GPX PCA ran the event on top of it all.

Disappointment.
campbellcj
What track configuration are they using? We ran it with POC and it was bumpy and rough in sections but there were no tire barriers, and it was a fast course. I was at 115-120 on the back straight. I have video but it's not edited or online as of yet.
yeahmag
Counter-clockwise with the bridge/tunnel. Had a chicane made of tires down the back straight to keep down the speeds before the tight right leading in to the long sweeping left to put you down the short front straight.

The more information I gather the more I'm coming to realize I may instruct for GPX PCA, but probably won't run with them again... They are mostly a social club.
campbellcj
Aaron, you should try it again with POC next month. They run the events extremely well, and pay close attention to track setup. Cones but no tires.
yeahmag
Do they get mad if you spin? GPX did... I've never had the OCR club get mad at me for a spin or two. Ever.
campbellcj
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Jul 1 2011, 04:50 PM) *

Do they get mad if you spin? GPX did... I've never had the OCR club get mad at me for a spin or two. Ever.

I wouldn't say "mad", but if you are repeatedly found to be driving unsafely or way beyond your car-control abilities, you will be brought-in for a little chat.

People spin or go off-track all the time. At the last Streets of Willow event, we had several cars damaged and hauled home by AAA. You're not pushing your limits if you don't exceed them once in a while...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.