Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally, a year later my car is home
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
phillstek
As usual nothing is easy on these cars, after originally being quoted 2 months to do a bare metal re-spray I finally got my car back today after a year at the shop.

I often wondered if it would ever be done but I didn't push them and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Phil
mepstein
QUOTE(phillstek @ Jun 18 2011, 04:27 AM) *
As usual nothing is easy on these cars, after originally being quoted 2 months to do a bare metal re-spray I finally got my car back today after a year at the shop.

I often wondered if it would ever be done but I didn't push them and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

I don't see a pic but congrats. smile.gif piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif driving.gif first.gif smilie_pokal.gif
messix
looks like while it was there they put the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car!!! happy11.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(messix @ Jun 18 2011, 08:27 AM) *

looks like while it was there they put the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car!!! happy11.gif

slap.gif They have to put it there to counteract the Coriolis Effect.

The car looks great!
porbmw
Congrats! And great choice in colors....love yellow, it's almost as fast as orange biggrin.gif
Looks great....and in MY little 914world, one year is record time sad.gif .
Have a blast with it!
Tom_T
Looking good Phil! drooley.gif

BTW - USA Eagles v. Wallabies 9/23 from Kiwi-land! smile.gif
icon_bump.gif Rucking good fun Mate! biggrin.gif
tavoman27
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 20 2011, 11:29 AM) *

Looking good Phil! drooley.gif

BTW - USA Eagles v. Wallabies 9/23 from Kiwi-land! smile.gif
icon_bump.gif Rucking good fun Mate! biggrin.gif

The Pumas are not playing neither the US or Wallabies but will join u guys for a drink and watch the game!!!
PanelBilly
Looks good on the computer screen. Did they do body work. Did they let it sit for a few months after it was painted?
carr914
QUOTE(porbmw @ Jun 18 2011, 11:38 AM) *

...love yellow, it's almost as fast as orange biggrin.gif

agree.gif

Looks Good
stewteral
QUOTE(phillstek @ Jun 18 2011, 01:27 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Phil

Hey Phil,

Something I learned a LONG time ago: the more time taken to do a paint job, the BETTER the results! With time ALL the shrinkage of fillers, sanding putties and primers have time to shrink to it's final state. Then, the body/paint guy can make final corrective sanding before spraying your color.

The car look GREAT and you SURVIVED the long wait! GOOD JOB!

Terry
veltror
What yellow is this?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.