Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exhaust upgrade
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Thestigz06
I have gotten really sick of my little 1.7 sounding like a damn go-kart so i was thinking of upgrading the exhaust to something that had a little bit more tone to it. I was leaning towards a set of headers with a Supertrapp. Any thoughts out there?
messix
QUOTE(Thestigz06 @ Jun 18 2011, 09:25 AM) *

I have gotten really sick of my little 1.7 sounding like a damn go-kart so i was thinking of upgrading the exhaust to something that had a little bit more tone to it. I was leaning towards a set of headers with a Supertrapp. Any thoughts out there?

search "triad"
Bruce Hinds
I always like the sound of the Bursch also....
tradisrad
how about some SSI exchangers and a Bursch muffler?
sportlicherFahrer
Triad West Performance

I have bought two mufflers from Dave for two different cars. Great guy, great product. Worth every penny IMHO. Whether you're looking for a muffler or full headers, he'll take care of you.
EdwardBlume
A simple Bursch for the money will be an upgrade. Although with a 1.7 you might just want to install a louder stereo.. lol-2.gif
NC_Colfax
I didn't like my supertrapp behind my 2.0. I also drove a monza exhuast 1.8 and that is to loud for me.
tracks914
I've had stock, modified and a monza. I like the sound of the monza best, although it is a bit louder.
silver74insocal
ever thought of doing a search for "exhaust" and reading the 1000 previous posts on this topic? laugh.gif
Als914
Click to view attachmentLove my Borla SS, dual outlet
'73-914kid
Kerry Hunter header with supertrapp plates removed
Triad muffler
Monza muffler
Bursch muffler

This here is a pretty good compilation of the different exhaust tones. The supertrapp/ header setup is mine, and I must say, it is really quite loud. I personally enjoy the sound..
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 18 2011, 09:20 PM) *

A simple Bursch for the money will be an upgrade. Although with a 1.7 you might just want to install a louder stereo.. lol-2.gif

And what, pray tell, about this change qualifies it as an "upgrade"?

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.