Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's official - I'm throwing in the towl
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
I've been trying to make some progress on getting the car ready for WCR and I still have an oral exam on Tuesday. I've been working out bugs with some projects I've been working on, and getting the WAS tops in production. I just haven't had time to complete the car and get it to the point it I can make sure it will not have any problems.

I've been in denial for a while

I have the motor ready to go into it, but was just realizing the the master cylinder need to be replaced and the interior isn't even in.

I could get about 2 days of solid work on it, but doing the math it's not going to happen.

It's official - I will be 914-less sad.gif for WCR. There's just no way I'll get it all done.

jzdu
Sorry to hear that. I was about to pull my hair out with mine also. By the way, I just realized that I never sent the 2 mis-formed Fuchs caps back to you. I'll give them to you at WCR, if that OK.
montoya 73 2.0
It's okay Mark. Neither will I. We can still drink our sorrow's away! We are Teener-less and Jamie will have 3 there! WTF? Well, I'm still going to have a good time even though Lola will be home.
TC 914-8
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Jun 18 2011, 03:32 PM) *

It's okay Mark. Neither will I. We can still drink our sorrow's away! We are Teener-less and Jamie will have 3 there! WTF? Well, I'm still going to have a good time even though Lola will be home.

First thought I had was Jamie is going to have 3, I don't know how he's getting them all there, but he should have a spare to share.
Mikey914
I really wanted to get done, I couldn't completely give up (must be part of the sickness), so my youngest is trying to help. We'll see, but it's a long shot. Everything would have to come together perfectly...........
And we all know the odds of that.
r_towle
you should make the whole car out of rubber.

Rich
JRust
Okay I am not going to make it with 3. Was going to put my spare 2.0 stock motor in the future suby car. The wiring is kind of screwy there. After looking it over I decided to say no. I wanted to have it for Ian to drive down. He's been awesome doing my welding & helping in general. He spent a good 8 hours here today.

I've got issues with my v8 too. I am going ot try to have it going but we will see. So worst case I will just have the LE.

Hey Mark depending on time for you. If I reach a no go with my v8. I am only working monday this week. I'd be happy to come up & help you tuesday or wednesday.
EdwardBlume
Good luck with pulling it out.. the WCRs are great fun and I wish I could go..... headbang.gif
rick 918-S
Jeeeeze! I thought you ment somthing different entirely! unsure.gif
Mikey914
I'm still working on it but I'm not optimistic. It's part of the sickness. Just too much to do, but who knows, if the 914 gods favor me it could happen.

The boy said he wanted to spend the day trying to help out.

I thought that was a very nice fathers day gift.
JRust
Excellent! Good boy the Mikey bye1.gif
Hopefully things will go quick. It is amazing how much you can accomplish with some dedicated teener time. Especially with a helper smash.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.