Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turned 100 yesterday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914ltd
I've owned this 914 and driven it regularly since 1986. I've left it basically stock and it's still a joy to drive. I usually have another 914 "hot rod" or "beater" to drive so I've only averaged 1800 miles per year on this one. 100,000 miles and still not a rattle, never rebuilt, runs strong and the not perfect but mostly original paint looks great. Not too many cars from that time can say that. Brad

BTW 100K is certainly not a big deal, just a fun milestone. I have a customer with a 74 2.0 I've serviced since new with over 250K never rebuilt miles. I'm sure there are "original" 914's with lots more miles.
MDG
Beautiful. I'm sure having you as the owner may have helped some with it's blemish-free longevity biggrin.gif
smontanaro
Congratulations Brad. That's a lovely car.

Skip
GaroldShaffer
smilie_pokal.gif

A very nice car. Enjoy those miles Brad. driving.gif
Valy
QUOTE(914ltd @ Jun 18 2011, 10:45 AM) *

I've owned this 914 and driven it regularly since 1986. I've left it basically stock and it's still a joy to drive. I usually have another 914 "hot rod" or "beater" to drive so I've only averaged 1800 miles per year on this one. 100,000 miles and still not a rattle, never rebuilt, runs strong and the not perfect but mostly original paint looks great. Not too many cars from that time can say that. Brad

BTW 100K is certainly not a big deal, just a fun milestone. I have a customer with a 74 2.0 I've serviced since new with over 250K never rebuilt miles. I'm sure there are "original" 914's with lots more miles.

Wow! Such a long way. I'll be there too in 70K biggrin.gif
Dave_Darling
Congrats, Brad! I think I've seen that car in person, and it is really nice.

--DD
Bartlett 914
nice looking cat Brad beerchug.gif
pktzygt
I'm sure there are many out there with may more miles with an odometer that stopped 100k ago. I guess we'll never know.
GeorgeRud
Congrats! It's nice to see a car this well maintained that's also enjoyed and driven regularly.

Hope that my new knees will let me get back into driving the 914-6s once again. It really hurts to have to have friends exercise the cars and all I can do is watch!
76-914
thumb3d.gif
ewdysar
Beautiful car, Brad. smilie_pokal.gif With an attentive owner like yourself, it looks like the car should live a long life.
ConeDodger
I'm going to veer a little bit off topic here. Thank you to Brad for posting here. It is really nice to have one of the long time experts on 914's around to ask questions of.
I wish you many more miles with your 914!
chandler1969
Thats a great looking car. I've seen it in person even if it was tucked away in the garage at the time.
Cupomeat
Beautiful car! Some people feel that red Porsches are cliche, but I happen to REALLY like them.

Let's see, I got my 914 in 1987 with 33k miles, now it has 66k miles, so in 2035 I'll hit 100k... IF I AM LUCKY!

I guess this tells me I need to drive the car more... especially as it has only not been running for one year of the 24yrs I've owned it.
Tom_T
Nice one Brad! drooley.gif

My buddy has owned this 71 1.7 since new, with +/- 61,000; & is pretty much all OE stock (wheels, hood badge, wood dash face & alum. sill plates added by dealer for buyer who backed out).

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

That's all original paint too!
Drums66
QUOTE(914ltd @ Jun 18 2011, 10:45 AM) *

...very cool bro aktion035.gif
al weidman
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 20 2011, 12:38 PM) *

Nice one Brad! drooley.gif

My buddy has owned this 71 1.7 since new, with +/- 61,000; & is pretty much all OE stock (wheels, hood badge, wood dash face & alum. sill plates added by dealer for buyer who backed out).

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

That's all original paint too!

Tom, that's what I'm talking about. That's the way we did cars at Kendon, put on many Mcaffe's, on 911's as well. A couple of great looking cars. I think I will back date my '75 and save a little weight too. Al. sawzall-smiley.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.