Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Static electricity on my rain try
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ChrisReale
I removed my rain try due to the fact that it was infused with ststic electricity. WTF? Anyone else have this happen. I dont know if it is an ammount to be concerned with (in regards to igniting fuel) , but it came off anyways... confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ Apr 20 2003, 01:51 PM)
I removed my rain try due to the fact that it was infused with ststic electricity. WTF? Anyone else have this happen. I dont know if it is an ammount to be concerned with (in regards to igniting fuel) , but it came off anyways... confused24.gif

just ground it, if you need to keep the rain out. a wire to the body should do it ...

Andy
Brad Roberts
Chris...

I would put it back on. You guy's get way to much rain for you not to run it. Your asking for headaches.

B
Bleyseng
I'd leave it in until June. Then take it off because the engine will run cooler. If the FI wiring gets wet all the time it makes for a nice mess.
Geoff
ChrisReale
Ill ground it then. Its just wierd wacko.gif
Lawrence
Some plastics have electrical characeristics, I guess. I've never heard of that.

You might want to post that one over on the RL - there are some real rocket scientists over there. smile.gif

-L
Bleyseng
Chris, you probably charged it by rubbing it soo much. Lay off the rubbing dude.
Geoff pain30.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.