Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another 6 up 4 Grabs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
Lot of 6's up for grabs lately

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...7&category=6430
beer.gif
Gint
Is that a black Cherokee in the background? Craig?????
Porsche Rescue
Mike, you got it right. That is Craigs Jeep in the background. Photo's taken at "Camp 914". See the "ID exhaust" thread for more detail.
Gint
I saw it. Again, good luck with the auction Jim. I didn't look it over really well, but from what I saw and the description you listed on the auction is sounds like a great car.
rhodyguy
is that the "marysville" car? the one that had the flairs and was black?

kevin
Porsche Rescue
Kevin,
How soon you forget. I'm not Craig. He bought the black Marysville 6 conversion. I'm the guy who sold you your silver '73 2.0. I share storage space with Craig and took photos of my six there. It is for sale on ebay. I may come north with JP in June for AX at Bremerton. Will I see the silver car in motion? Am I beginning to sound like Geoff?
rhodyguy
i didn't forget everything jim. just the mention of the ex-flares, lake oswego, sparked my curiosity. if i could have seen the checkerboard floor that would have been a dead giveaway as to the seller. i had better have the car put together by then, shaken down and retorqued. i've chosen a # of different paths as i have moved forward with the car. nothing i had to undo, to avoid the "i wish i would have done". see you there, i a\have to check the calender, that should give me roughly 47 days.

kevin
Bleyseng
Hey that would be great if you came north to Bremerton for the AX. Which car are you going to bring? You should run in the GTU group with the rest of the 914's plus Chris Reale needs someone he can beat.
tongue.gif
I am trying to come down on May 4th to PIR if all goes well. Eric Fry and Dave E should be there too so lots of 914's.
Geoff
Porsche Rescue
If the gray 6 is still mine I will AX it at PIR on the 4th.
If not, maybe the '74 4cyl. It was an autocrosser in its prior life before the hot engine blew. It has 4 externally adjustable Konis, strange looking brake calipers (F&R, maybe 320I?), hard bushings, etc.
Hope to have it running with a 2.0/Webers by the 4th. Then again, that assumes that an engine which was rebuilt in 1984, never seen oil, will in fact run.
Should be interesting.
ChrisReale
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Apr 20 2003, 07:38 PM)
plus Chris Reale needs someone he can beat.
tongue.gif
I

:finger2: Hey, I resemble that remark! My times are actually competitive, when its dry out! My car at the moment is so unbalanced, that even dry its hard to control, but wet is another story! Plus its my first year. Gimme a few years, and Ill be pokin' fun at the next group of newbies.

Jim, it would be fun to see you at Bremerton. You too Kevin. Bring a 914!
Brad Roberts
Jim,

did you post the car for sale on the classifieds ??

What are you looking to get for it ??

Why did you pull the flares off ??

B
Porsche Rescue
Did not post on Classifieds. For cars at least, I think Club/other BBS classifieds are like preaching to the choir-we all have 'em already. The Ebay reserve is $10K.
I did not remove the flares. Larry Lee in NY keeps track of factory 6's and I sent him my VIN. He had a 1995 ad for the car from Panorama. Had flares and glass lids. Called that seller and he told me a bit about the car. It was in bay area, then sold to LA. I bought it after body and paint had already been done. It was in G. Bieker's Werks II shop, owned by a young guy who once worked for him. I towed it north and put it back together. Galen did the timing chain/tensioner and trans. work.
Brad Roberts
Where is the emergency flasher switch ???

Preaching to the chior:

We have 450 lurkers. Half of them email me looking for cars.

The chior is listening.

B
Porsche Rescue
It's still there, "lurking" behind the dash. Poke a hole in the carbon fiber and it's good to go.
Brad Roberts
I thought that was carbon fiber.. looks good.

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.