Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody ever heard of these guys?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BMXerror
http://wavetrac.net/technical.htm
confused24.gif
Mark D.
ChrisFoley
I was getting email invitations to become a dealer last year, and an offer for a free unit if I could install one right away for testing and feedback.
It looks like a good product from their info, but I haven't seen any unbiased results.
Elliot Cannon
Is $1295.00 a good price for an LSD?
Chris Hamilton
QUOTE(messix @ Jun 19 2011, 06:46 PM) *

Not trying to say anything good or bad about the product, but that post appears to be from a guy drag racing with a car with over 950hp...
Chris Hamilton
What I think would be awesome is to get enough people to put down a deposit to get the guys from MFactory to make diffs for 901...

http://www.teammfactory.com

I have a helical LSD in my Civic for only $650 from them, and they have better reliability than the Quaife units in the Honda crowd.
Zimms
QUOTE(Chris Hamilton @ Jun 19 2011, 10:10 PM) *

What I think would be awesome is to get enough people to put down a deposit to get the guys from MFactory to make diffs for 901...

http://www.teammfactory.com

I have a helical LSD in my Civic for only $650 from them, and they have better reliability than the Quaife units in the Honda crowd.

How many people do you need?
Chris Hamilton
Not sure, haven't really looked into it seriously.

I ( or somebody else ) could call them tomorrow and find out how much it would cost to get them started producing these things.

I'm sure they really just need to see that there is interest in an inexpensive diff option for Porsche 901 out there.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(messix @ Jun 19 2011, 06:46 PM) *

Considering the guy that broke one had almost 1000hp. I don't think any of us need to worry about breakage biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
What advantage would an LSD be for a car that is driven on the street? Safer? Would this be more advantagious on the track, auto cross etc.?
Andyrew
In most cases, for a car that is driven by an amateur, its saver for an open diff. This way the back end doesnt come out unexpectedly (to an amateur) and spin the car. Instead one of the tires just spins while the other stays on the road keeping the car in control.

IMHO an LSD would be advantageous on the track and on autox. The track for letting the driver put more power down at the limit, and autox the same way however also giving the driver more of an ability to bring the back end around on tighter corners.

IMHO if it was a strictly street car that wasnt competing in any races and wanted to just do mountain runs, an open diff would be fine, unless the driver is very good at which point they would notice the difference between a LSD and open and could drive accordingly still relatively safely.
Randal
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 19 2011, 06:58 PM) *

Is $1295.00 a good price for an LSD?

Cheaper than the Guard Torque Bias differential, which I think is about $1750 or close to that, but does it work as well?

rick 918-S
I've often thought with all the different types diff's that are out there, there must be one that could be adapted with a shim here and a bushing there... Could just be the Alien's trying strange things again but I'm just saying... assimilate.gif
J P Stein
When making a purchase for an expensive part (only part of the expense is the initial cost), I do reasearch. The last thing I want is for something to fail......down time is a killer. Would I buy some "new & improved" bit with a very stout recommendation from someone that I trust?.....maybe.....if I thought it would be of some "unfair advantage".....otherwise, NO.

Ok, so I got a good buy from WEVO on a Guard TB unit.
In my experience, when something looks this well made, it usually performs as good as it looks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.