Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA-SVR Mather Autocross 19 June 2011
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
ConeDodger
What do Conedodgers do on Fathers Day? Dodge cones of course!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQmauAJ1qcM
ConeDodger
Sorry about the minute of waiting... I wanted to catch the essence of autocross. Hours of waiting followed by a minute of great big fun!
Andyrew
Wow that was a big course! Talk about smooth driving. What tires are those?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 20 2011, 07:07 AM) *

Wow that was a big course! Talk about smooth driving. What tires are those?

Thanks Andy! It's easy to be smooth when you aren't going very fast! laugh.gif Those are 5 year old BFG TA tires that I got already mounted on a set of Fuchs I bought. They were new then and I thought I will just wear them out before buying something new... Yeh right! They still look new and I took a look at the wear rating and they're 400 wear rating tires. THEY AREN'T GOING TO EVER WEAR OUT! I plan on getting stickies for the cookies you have if I can still get them from you. That gets me a gear change, and more acceleration out of the corners.
Andyrew
Cookies are still in your name. smile.gif

I was curious to your tire as I didnt hear them except for maybe once. It certainly looked like you had some good stick in them, but that could just be your suspension setup smile.gif
grantsfo
looks like a fun course! Thanks for posting!
Chris Pincetich
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 19 2011, 10:21 PM) *

Sorry about the minute of waiting... I wanted to catch the essence of autocross. Hours of waiting followed by a minute of great big fun!

av-943.gif
beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 21 2011, 10:17 AM) *

Cookies are still in your name. smile.gif

I was curious to your tire as I didnt hear them except for maybe once. It certainly looked like you had some good stick in them, but that could just be your suspension setup smile.gif

It turns out my Cookies are the same as your Cookies only polished. I pulled them out of the storage about 1/2 hour ago and they are 15X7 so they will fit. Sorry Andy...

It is my suspension. 200# rear springs with Elephant bushings, monoballs and Koni adjustable rear. Stock torsion bars, Elephant bushings, monoballs, tarret bar, and Koni adjustables in the front. Add a corner balance by IPB Autosport and you have a very precise suspension. It is a joy to drive at speed.
Andyrew
No problem. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.