Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front and rear stock weight for 76 914 bumpers.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tavoman27
Hello guys, I have a few more questions about the 1976 914.... does any body have the wight figures in the following items?

Hood stock weight.
Trunk stock weight.
Front and rear bumpers stock weight for a 1976 914.
Targa top stock weight.

Thank you again!!!
Bruce Hinds
I'm curious too, how much weight could be saved by going to glass lids and bumpers in a '75-76?
TheCabinetmaker
Removing said bumpers was a huge difference in performance and handling. I think everthing is about 150 lbs. Thats the figure that comes to mind, but I could be off.
mepstein
F&R bumpers weigh ~80lbs. Glass is light but no protection.
914werke
F'n heavy! (insert my achin' back smiley)
tavoman27
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 20 2011, 02:01 PM) *

So far I was not able to get real numbers on weight saving by removing metal and adding fiber glass, estimated numbers are about 250 by doing the bumpers plus trunk and hood... targa top can be done for about 20lbs off the car and rocker panels would shave off 10lbs to 15lbs... I will like to have a more accurate number to see the real savings.
Protection is not much of a concern since the car is a weekend driver only.
Woody
The rubber bumpers are 40 pounds each, the shock absorption mounts are another 20 for all 4.
Cupomeat
QUOTE(tavoman27 @ Jun 20 2011, 07:30 PM) *

So far I was not able to get real numbers on weight saving by removing metal and adding fiber glass, estimated numbers are about 250 by doing the bumpers plus trunk and hood... targa top can be done for about 20lbs off the car and rocker panels would shave off 10lbs to 15lbs... I will like to have a more accurate number to see the real savings.

What, accidents don't happen on the weekend? WTF.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(tavoman27 @ Jun 20 2011, 07:30 PM) *

There's no way bumpers and hoods will save you 250 if bumpers total weight is 80 and hoods weigh ~25 each. I'll weigh the bumpers again but I thought it was 35 & 42 including mounts. Targa top may be 20 but it's already fiberglass so you won't get alot lighter with just a fiberglass shell.

PS - soundpad in back of backpad in car ~15, soundpad in engine bay ~10, floor tar~10, headlight motors~10.

Do cars not get in accidents on the weekend?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.