DanT
for these so I can get the rear lower biggrin.gif
DanT
and
DanT
to get the back of this down where it should be dry.gif

If I can't sell it, I might as well keep playing with it! smile.gif
andys
Ground Control up your way makes coilover kits for 914's; can't say specifically about those shocks. Do you want to keep the stock springs?

Andys
stugray
I was looking for this very item.

I look forward to a link or a vendor.

Next question (related): If I buy the very same shocks shown above and install them, can I put the adjustable threaded collar on later?

Stu
DanT
I have sent an email to Ground Control with the above Shock pics....waiting for their reply. smile.gif
PeeGreen 914
Ask Jonathan at GPR confused24.gif He should be able to source them for the best price beerchug.gif
andys
QUOTE(DanT @ Jun 20 2011, 03:16 PM) *

I have sent an email to Ground Control with the above Shock pics....waiting for their reply. smile.gif

Dan,

Jay is the guy you need to talk to @ GC; he knows 914's real well. The coil overs I got from them for my Koni adjustables were very reasonably priced, as I recall. Partially visible in this photo.

Andys
ConeDodger
QUOTE(andys @ Jun 20 2011, 02:54 PM) *

QUOTE(DanT @ Jun 20 2011, 03:16 PM) *

Dan,

Jay is the guy you need to talk to @ GC; he knows 914's real well. The coil overs I got from them for my Koni adjustables were very reasonably priced, as I recall. Partially visible in this photo.

Andys

Dan,
Jay Morris is the owner of GC. He does know 914's. He did the suspension on my 240Z back when they actually had a shop and worked on cars. Now, they just sell suspension stuff he designs. He is up in the foothills near Placerville now. He used to be 5 miles away in Rancho Cordova.
Rob
914werke
Try Paragon
DanT
Rich, thanks, I know Paragon has some sleeves, just want to know if there are any other good sources.
stugray
Which Konis are those in the pics above?

The ones paragon carries are $230 ea.

Stu
MikeSpraggi
I used Rebel Racing for my adjustable spring perches. Very reasonable price.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Randal

Rich has them. I have some ground control rings and at least one sleeve in the garage. Also have some helper springs.
jmill
I have Bilsteins and bought the same kit from Clint at Rebel Racing. It looks like it fits both but appears to be designed more for the Bilstein. The threaded collar doesn't stick above the shock body.
r_towle
Coleman Racing
If you like pieces....enjoy the next two hours of surfing...

http://www.colemanracing.com/Adjuster-Slee...Over-P4565.aspx

Rich
jcd914
Jay at Ground Control is a good guy to deal with, very sharp too. I had several long talks with him back when they were first starting out in Rancho Cordova, we even had him do some testing for us right after he got his first shock dyno.

No mater who's spring perch kit you buy you will need shorter springs. No one I know of sells a lower perch that allows the spring to go below the welded stop on the shock. Maybe someone does but most just sit on the stop and some have a machined recess that slides over the stop but just far enough to locate the sleeve.

I the stock 3 step sleeve that comes with the Koni's and cut the springs on my car to get the ride height and wheel weights I wanted. And no the springs never failed, fell off or caused my suspension to collapse. I auto-crossed regularly and it was my daily driver for 8 years with that set up. When it was up on a lift or jacked up the springs were too short to hold the upper and lower spring perches in place so the perches were safety wired to the spring and I had to pay attention when I let it down and make sure everything was seated. the springs were 165 lbs springs before I cut off maybe 2 coils, I think (not sure, it was 1989).

Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.