Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1973 2.0 Liter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
KevinM
VIN: 4732917540
$5000 obo
Clean Title

I've owned the car for approximately five years. The engine has all of the original fuel injection and fires right up, idles smoothly and pulls hard through all the gears. The transmission shifts easily as well with no grinding. Mileage on the car is unknown as the odometer was broken before I bought it and the previous owner did not have repair or maintenance records with the car. I do know it’s had very little use over the last five years. I’ve taken it out on Highway One several times during summer vacations and I’ll drive it on the weekends once in a while when the weather is nice but it’s had very minimal use since I bought it.

To save time and inquiries I'll try to list all of the negatives about the car:

As mentioned above, the odometer doesn't work.
The pushrod tube seals on the passenger side leak and should be replaced at some point--it will smoke some on start up until the oil on heat exchanger burns off when it‘s been sitting.
Clock in the center console doesn't work.
E-brake doesn't work.
Some of the seals around the windows look to be in need of replacement.
There is (fairly slight) body damage to the driver's side rear quarter panel--you can see it in the pictures I've linked.
It appears to have had one respray close to the original color but not exactly the same color.

On the good side, I was told it was originally purchased in CA and was garage kept it's whole life. While I have no proof of this, it appears to have been well taken care of--again I've included pictures of the typical rust areas in the link below.
It's got the original Fuch's.

In short, it is, I think, a very good driver level 2.0 liter that can be driven and enjoyed as is, or restored relatively easily if desired.

Cash or verified funds only. A local Sacramento/SF/Bay Area/ Napa etc. buyer would be preferred.

PM or call 916-402-1926 (please leave message if no pickup). Lastly, my work is very busy right now, I promise to get back as soon as I can but it may take a few days.

Click for More Pictures

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
ajco
Kevin,

Sent you a PM.

AJ
KevinM
Thanks to everyone who contacted me regarding the sale. Car is now sold.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.