Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxster takes TTOD at SW divisional
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
grantsfo
Who hoo for us mid engine porsche guys! Erik and his co driver were one and two overall at SW Div in TX in the Boxster. His wife ran it in XP and almost won that class. Man we might have a have a shot at that Datsun. I wonder which car will be faster? 914 or Boxster? Should be tons of fun! I can't wait!

https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/files/SOWDI...nal%202fin.html
J P Stein
Linkey no workie for me.
grantsfo
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Jun 21 2011, 09:47 AM) *

Linkey no workie for me.

Here you go

https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/files/SOWDI...nal%202fin.html
Joe Ricard
Just goes to show put a good driver behind any old POS and it will go fast.

So who is the owner of the Boxster? is this your old car???

FYI Erik S. used to own a 914.
grantsfo
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Jun 21 2011, 01:22 PM) *

Yes Erik owns the car now. I'm very excited about its continued development.

jjackson
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Jun 21 2011, 03:22 PM) *

40 mph divisional course??-But clock don't lie-He was the fastest there.Wondering if the car needs 18 X 12s on rear with 335 A6.HHHMMMM???JJackson
Lookin at gear charts.
grantsfo
QUOTE(jjackson @ Jun 21 2011, 03:53 PM) *

40 mph divisional course??-But clock don't lie-He was the fastest there.Wondering if the car needs 18 X 12s on rear with 335 A6.HHHMMMM???JJackson
Lookin at gear charts.

Its headed to Pro Solo in Colorado next. We will see!
precisionchassis
Boxster FTW!
grantsfo
QUOTE(precisionchassis @ Jun 22 2011, 12:07 AM) *

Boxster FTW!

Thanks again for the great exhaust system!!!! The stock Boxster motor's torque curve and mid range improved signficantly with your system! And it just sounds down right bitching! Where the car used to bog a little out of turns it lights up now.

You know a Subi XP class Boxster build may be in the plans still. I'm keeping my eye out for an engineless chassis.
precisionchassis
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Jun 22 2011, 08:58 AM) *

Boxster FTW!

You know a Subi XP class Boxster build may be in the plans still. I'm keeping my eye out for an engineless chassis.

Is that the same class Britian runs his car in?
grantsfo
QUOTE(precisionchassis @ Jun 22 2011, 11:49 AM) *

QUOTE(grantsfo @ Jun 22 2011, 08:58 AM) *

Boxster FTW!

Is that the same class Britian runs his car in?

Yes - It would be a blast of a car to build. I'm pretty comfortable with this platform now aside from the M96 motor. I'd love to put a 2.5 liter turbo in one.
Joe Ricard
So what happened to the 3 rotor FD???? aka. the baddest street car in the world.

JJ, maybe Erik is going to take a shot at JT like we talked about? Someone's got to do it. I was and am still hopin it's you.
grantsfo
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Jun 23 2011, 08:59 AM) *

So what happened to the 3 rotor FD???? aka. the baddest street car in the world.

JJ, maybe Erik is going to take a shot at JT like we talked about? Someone's got to do it. I was and am still hopin it's you.

Erik is still driving the Mazda. Dont worry we will have somone fast in the primary driver spot. Its been in the plans since I sold the car to him. Pretty sure Erik has found the guy for that job. If you look at the results from last weekend you will note somone isnt too far behind Eriks times.

And I like the odds of two fast mid engine cars chasing him plus a BMW (faster this year), a fast Honda (dont know much about it but JJ thinks its fast)and a fast Subie from Nor Cal (this is my dark horse candidate to surprise people). I think he will have his work cut out for him with a tough field of very diverse approaches to FP class specs.
jjackson

And I like the odds of two fast mid engine cars chasing him plus a BMW (faster this year), a fast Honda (dont know much about it but JJ thinks its fast)and a fast Subie from Nor Cal (this is my dark horse candidate to surprise people). I think he will have his work cut out for him with a tough field of very diverse approaches to FP class specs.
[/quote]
This is why I recommend that if you enjoy autocrossing-nationals is a must.
All we need is a couple of GT-3s, AWD Turbos,944s to round out the class.
FP ia always fast.
JJackson

BTW- the fast Honda I keep referring to is the XP Collett car.

If you want to be known as a driver in this sport-just outrun JT.
Joe Ricard
I really wish Grant would get it straight as to which car / driver is in which class.

MAYBE he should attend a National event instead of playing in the shallow pond over there in Kalifornia.
grantsfo
QUOTE(jjackson @ Jun 23 2011, 11:05 AM) *

This is why I recommend that if you enjoy autocrossing-nationals is a must.
All we need is a couple of GT-3s, AWD Turbos,944s to round out the class.
FP ia always fast.
JJackson

BTW- the fast Honda I keep referring to is the XP Collett car.

JJ I know 3 FP drivers that trophied along with you last year well. Toby's car is faster this year with new motor and tuning. The Subaru is supposed to be better sorted but they havent been driving it much. My old Boxster is way faster than when it was nose to nose with Toby's car in San Diego. All of us have a little more national level expereince now too. Just saying this year should be quite interesting. 3 of the cars that podiumed including yours are faster this year. And The Boxster is a new player. As much as people like to poke fun it is a quick little car.
jjackson

[/quote]
JJ I know 3 FP drivers that trophied along with you last year well. Toby's car is faster this year with new motor and tuning. The Subaru is supposed to be better sorted but they havent been driving it much. My old Boxster is way faster than when it was nose to nose with Toby's car in San Diego. All of us have a little more national level expereince now too. Just saying this year should be quite interesting. 3 of the cars that podiumed including yours are faster this year. And The Boxster is a new player. As much as people like to poke fun it is a quick little car.
[/quote]
And that is why we will line em up!JJackson
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.