Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nut and Bolt your cars!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yeahmag
I'm probably one of the rare few that actually go over their car before an autocross or DE event, but this is the second time I've found a problem with something that was previously fine. This time I found the large bolts hanging the transmission were loose, very!

Please nut and bolt your cars when you have time!!!

-Aaron
SirAndy
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Jun 21 2011, 01:52 PM) *
I'm probably one of the rare few that actually go over their car before an autocross or DE event, but this is the second time I've found a problem with something that was previously fine. This time I found the large bolts hanging the transmission were loose, very!

Please nut and bolt your cars when you have time!!!

agree.gif

Always good to double check from time to time, especially before an event like a AX.

I had a front top strut mounting bolt come lose a while ago. I always check them every time i fill up the tank. This happened after an AX.

popcorn[1].gif
FourBlades

I just had a banging sound coming from the right front suspension.

Pulled the shock down and discovered the gland nut had backed completely off!

That is like 4 full turns from tight...I put a little blue locktite on and cranked it back down.

John
campbellcj
Yup. Check out the right-side megaphone...got me meatballed.

IPB Image
914R black flagged! by cjcam, on Flickr

At another event one of the accelerator linkage rod ball sockets popped off. I've also had an aftermarket (set-screw type) shift knob come off in my hand at high-speed.

The vibrations and g-forces of track driving really take their toll, even moreso now that my car is quite stiff.

'73-914kid
I nut-and-bolt everything important, and mark everything with a bright paint pen. It's really easy to check those important bolts (suspension and stuff) when giving it a once over just to see if anything has moved... I look before and after every AutoX and during every oil change...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.