Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5 speeds forward, 1 reverse
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KELTY360
With a rebuilt tranny and a new clutch cable installed, I was looking forward to jumping in the car and going for my first drive of 2011. Nope. Clutch would not fully disengage even at the adjustment limit on the cable. The only way I could get 1st or reverse was with the engine off. Could barely get 2nd and 3rd, 4th and 5th not at all. Root Werkes suggested piling on a bunch of washers and MeanieGreenie confirmed this would work.

Turns out they were right! smilie_pokal.gif Now my Dr.Evil's clinic-built tranny shifts smooth as Mr. Clean's dome and I'm one step closer to being ready for WCR2011...just in time. Thanks guys, I love this place. wub.gif
Dr Evil
I was worried you put the diff in backwards......especially with Dan Root's help rolleyes.gif poke.gif
Dr Evil
PS - this exact problem and solution are addressed in my 31 pages of notes linked below wink.gif
Krank
No, no...the correct answer is "It is explained in the CD set"
Dr Evil
Well, ya. av-943.gif
KELTY360
If I couldn't learn the hard way, I'd learn no way at all. headbang.gif
messix
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Jun 21 2011, 08:14 PM) *

If I couldn't learn the hard way, I'd learn no way at all. headbang.gif

you seem to need a lot of ........ space..... rs.
Andyrew
Can the trani run like normal with the diff flipped? or will it cause premature wear?

Just considering a honda engine for the next 914... smile.gif
Dr Evil
Dude, how long have you been here? I cant believe you asked this question.

Yes, flipped diff is same as 911 gear box, no difference in wear. rolleyes.gif

Next your gonna ask what the largest tire is you can put on a stock car, or which i better a 4 or a 6 poke.gif
Andyrew
Gimme a break, I know the 911's can flip, but I have heard bad things about other trani's (non Porsche related) not liking being flipped... I figured it would be OK but I wanted to hear it from the source. smile.gif

And come on, Its not like i've owned this car for 10 years or something tongue.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.