Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: stolen part 2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lucky25
Just wanted to update everyone that aaa has settled with me re the theft of my 73
I am pretty happy without a lot of hassle.
Now time to look for a new project

Thanks to every ones good thoughts , words and eyes .....but keep on
looking we never know it just may pop up .

Thanks again
Lucky25

Dave
Lou W
Glad to hear things worked out for you in the end. I'm really considering the quick release steering hub that was discussed in another thread, you may want to consider something. smile.gif
John
I would "steer" clear from quick release steering wheels. I have heard too many stories of these releasing at the most in-opportune times.

Just my $0.02

Another method of theft proofing would be better.

But whatever theft deterrent you choose, please do NOT post it here or in this thread as evil people may be reading.

bdstone914
How much is lo jack?
AZ914
When my Dodge Rumblebee was stolen a couple of years ago, I was talking to the cop (outside of the restaurant where it was stolen) and remembered that the previous owner said it had lo-jack. I remember seeing the brouchure in the paperwork he gave me.
Truck was found in about 3 hours. Still sucked, but it was found.
lucky25
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 22 2011, 06:06 AM) *

How much is lo jack?

in this case I would sat "Priceless"
mepstein
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 22 2011, 09:06 AM) *

How much is lo jack?

$700 - one time fee. No monthly fee.
eric9144
Dave, glad to hear that AAA came through in a painless way, that's why everyone should use them, really...

As for the rest of the saga, I cant imagine loosing my baby as I've owned mine for so long it's really part of the family, I'd be crushed! sad.gif

You've really brought all of our attention back to the fact that none of us should get lazy about keeping our teener's safe and sound, a Lo-Jack may be going onto my short list very soon!
RFoulds
What kind of project are you looking for? There is a great great deal on a top-shelf 914-6 conversion project for sale in AZ, for 40% of total receipts to date.

So many good deals out there right now.

Lou W
You're problaby in a pretty good spot to find a sweet deal right now. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.