Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Emergency! Vacuum Diagrams...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CG-914
This a emergency situation!
Vacuum diagrams are need. the problem is, that the diagrams for early or late 74 do not fit completly!

I do not have a vacuum hose connection at the cold start valve and i do not have the second vacuum hose connection at the throttle body from the distrubitor.

And if i hook up the hose from the oil infill to the bottom to the throttle body sucks oil in the mixture...

can anybody help me out?

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
r_towle
on DD diagram the "cold start valve" is the little electrical flapper inside the air filter aseembly, not the "cold start injector"

Not all throttle bodies have two vacuum ports for the distributors...the factory sent these cars out with a short hose on the distributor left open to the atmosphere....so no worries there.

The large line from the oil filler tower should be attached to the intake plenum, not the throttle body and not in front of the throttle body. If its sucking oil, you need a new PCV vavle in the oil filler tower.

Rich
CG-914
the PCV valve sounds good,

but it still only got 5 instad of 18-20 vacuum inch...
r_towle
does your mps hold a vacuum?

Rich
CG-914
mps?
type47
QUOTE(CG-914 @ Jun 22 2011, 01:39 PM) *

mps?

Manifold Pressure Sensor. #8 in Bolwsby's diagram. VERY important piece of the FI puzzle...
CG-914
the mps just got replaced with a complete new one! it was part of the problem...
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 22 2011, 11:54 AM) *

on DD diagram the "cold start valve" is the little electrical flapper inside the air filter assembly, not the "cold start injector"

Not all throttle bodies have two vacuum ports for the distributors...the factory sent these cars out with a short hose on the distributor left open to the atmosphere....so no worries there.

The large line from the oil filler tower should be attached to the intake plenum, not the throttle body and not in front of the throttle body. If its sucking oil, you need a new PCV valve in the oil filler tower.

Rich

You said: "On DD diagram the "cold start valve" is the little electrical flapper inside the air filter assembly, not the "cold start injector". That's wrong. In the drawing, the CSV is clearly marked underneath the air cleaner housing, and that's where the 12mm vacuum hose from the AAR goes. There is no "little electrical flapper inside the air filter assembly, not the "cold start injector". Nothing but air filter in there. The CSV sits on a plastic spacer/hose fitting on the side of the intake plenum.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.