Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Main Bearing Sets STD/STD back in stock at Dist
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hwgunner
Just a word to let people know STD/STD main bearings by Mahle are back in stock at my distributor. This should bring prices back down to normal levels for all but the old NOS ones with the steel backed bearing. piratenanner.gif

See them HERE

Other sizes available.
76-914
Oh good. I just bought a 200.00 set from "the banned one" in April. hissyfit.gif
hwgunner
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 22 2011, 01:44 PM) *

Oh good. I just bought a 200.00 set from "the banned one" in April. hissyfit.gif

Can't comment on that but i did post so that we would all know from here on out. I have to admit I was coaxed into selling a set i had for one of my projects for a bit more than regular price. beerchug.gif
Jake Raby
We've had them in our store for over a week now.. These are OEM STEEL backed units in all sizes except STD/STD. The STD/STD bearings will not be made in a steel backed version again according to our sources.

We received more than 20 sets of every size in this order, to include alignbore bearings.

I had to commit to this batch of them last year to even get them!
IPB Image

And at "sane" prices...
http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/store/home.php?cat=261

I thought about hoarding them, and I still might :-)
stugray
So Jake, you believe these are as good as new bearings (NOT the crappy ones sold a few years back) ?

If so I will probably place an order immediately as my engine build is imminent (with your cam package and case sealant package and DVD of course ;-).

I see what you have at the store...

What would constitute a complete set for a stock 2.0L mains and rods?

Stu
hwgunner
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jun 22 2011, 07:38 PM) *

We've had them in our store for over a week now.. These are OEM STEEL backed units in all sizes except STD/STD. The STD/STD bearings will not be made in a steel backed version again according to our sources.

We received more than 20 sets of every size in this order, to include alignbore bearings.

I had to commit to this batch of them last year to even get them!
IPB Image

And at "sane" prices...
http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/store/home.php?cat=261

I thought about hoarding them, and I still might :-)

Jake, I think you were one of the few, if not the only, who did not run the price up when they got scarce. I had one set for one of my own projects that some one offered more than I could refuse. I was also told the steel backed in STD/STD would not be available again.
Jake Raby
Jake, I think you were one of the few, if not the only, who did not run the price up when they got scarce..

Yep.. Thats integrity.

We actually stopped selling them altogether, else we would not have been able to produce our turnkey engines..

I had one set for one of my own projects that some one offered more than I could refuse.

Yep, I was offered over 500.00/set for them on a couple of occasions, but would not sell them..

I was also told the steel backed in STD/STD would not be available again

Yep, they have the least sales figured, because these days most every crank has been cut or case has been bored, the demand for STD/STD isn't much at all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.