Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Gigantic Brake Job
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
Sooo,

I bought some of Erics rebuilt Calipers about a 6 months ago and they have been sittn in the box. Last week I got tired of the metal grinding sound from the front right wheel. sad.gif

I decided to have Tony from Translog GT help me out, he said no problem....

and then....

chowtime.gif

Front rotors and rear rotors are shot, got new ones from Eric. Front ones obviously need berrings. new rubber lines all the way around. Leaky master sad.gif

cracked resivour sad.gif

I Love spending money on these cars laugh.gif lol-2.gif hissyfit.gif

At least I will live longer confused24.gif biggrin.gif

p.s. Eric @ PMB PERFORMANCE !!! ROCKS !!!!
Cupomeat
You have Gigantic brakes????

lol-2.gif

Have fun and double check EVERYTHING. if it doesn't seem right or you are not sure ASK!
r_towle
Dont you need new suspension bushings, ball joints and tie rods...while you are there? poke.gif
RiqueMar
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 22 2011, 01:46 PM) *

Dont you need new suspension bushings, ball joints and tie rods...while you are there? poke.gif

And probably a new sway bar, which means you have to remove the fuel tank....

While you're at it, might as well replace the fuel lines and fuel pump too....

And since your're there, might as well check the front area for rust.... oh, there's rust? Time for a complete restoration. lol
majkos
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Jun 22 2011, 01:45 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 22 2011, 01:46 PM) *

And probably a new sway bar, which means you have to remove the fuel tank....

While you're at it, might as well replace the fuel lines and fuel pump too....

And since your're there, might as well check the front area for rust.... oh, there's rust? Time for a complete restoration. lol

Yup agree.gif
Great time to paint, since the tank is out
914.SBC
Does it ever end unsure.gif
Strudelwagon
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jun 22 2011, 01:20 PM) *

Sooo,

I bought some of Erics rebuilt Calipers about a 6 months ago and they have been sittn in the box. Last week I got tired of the metal grinding sound from the front right wheel. sad.gif

I decided to have Tony from Translog GT help me out, he said no problem....

and then....

chowtime.gif

Front rotors and rear rotors are shot, got new ones from Eric. Front ones obviously need berrings. new rubber lines all the way around. Leaky master sad.gif

cracked resivour sad.gif

I Love spending money on these cars laugh.gif lol-2.gif hissyfit.gif

At least I will live longer confused24.gif biggrin.gif

p.s. Eric @ PMB PERFORMANCE !!! ROCKS !!!!

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
ConeDodger
He should rebuild the engine as long as he has it up on jackstands... av-943.gif
mrbubblehead
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 22 2011, 04:35 PM) *

He should rebuild the engine as long as he has it up on jackstands... av-943.gif

yep, and replace the rear console since the engines out. dont forget new motor mounts and trans mounts before the install. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif may aswell put in new shifter bushings whil your at it lol-2.gif
MikeSpraggi
Since he's gonna do all that good time to do that six conversion. Sell your engine and and get that six and the rest of the conversion parts ....
stugray
You all laugh, but I bought a "Race ready" 914 for $3000.
( no really it had been racing just before I put it on the stands).

Now I have done almost everything mentioned above to it to get it "race ready again".

Just quit looking at stuff you could do and PUT IT BACK TOGETHER BEFORE YOU FORGET HOW!!!!

If I take just one more part off, it will be a bucket and need soda blasting and full body resto......

Stu
Krank
Now, buy a second (or third) teener to drive while you the car is on the rotisserie so you don't get too frustrated and throw in the towel.
jsayre914
chair.gif chair.gif chair.gif chair.gif chair.gif

biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
DWD strikes again....... chair.gif
URY914
You better paint it too.
saigon71
Joe:

You are in for a real treat swapping out that master cylinder...ask me how I know. mad.gif To top it off, I may have to do it again as I caught the plastic reservoir lines with a wire wheel last week and put holes in them.

Good luck with everything.

Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.