Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mega Squirt Mapping
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flash914
I'm new to 914's and 914 world but have bein in the auto repair world all of my life. Now the problem I have is I am putting back together a 1970 914 that has sat on a hill top for the last 8 years. With the help of my cousin ( a donated 1.8 long block ) I had it running but very poorly. I traced it back to a busted MPS and after much research desided on a MEGA SQUIRT II V3.0 with a firm ware 2.9050. I've built my board. put it in the box and started to build the harness. I'm not using the ingition side of the system (yet) but may in the future. I done a lot of reading on the mega squirt and so far every thing look good but am looking for fuel mapping tables. I know if you have them you put a lot of work in them. but I'm edgey to get this thing on the road and any help would mean a lot. headbang.gif When I get it running I hope to post mine and maybe start a tradeing page Thanks
bfrymire
QUOTE(flash914 @ Jun 22 2011, 03:06 PM) *

I'm new to 914's and 914 world but have bein in the auto repair world all of my life. Now the problem I have is I am putting back together a 1970 914 that has sat on a hill top for the last 8 years. With the help of my cousin ( a donated 1.8 long block ) I had it running but very poorly. I traced it back to a busted MPS and after much research desided on a MEGA SQUIRT II V3.0 with a firm ware 2.9050. I've built my board. put it in the box and started to build the harness. I'm not using the ingition side of the system (yet) but may in the future. I done a lot of reading on the mega squirt and so far every thing look good but am looking for fuel mapping tables. I know if you have them you put a lot of work in them. but I'm edgey to get this thing on the road and any help would mean a lot. headbang.gif When I get it running I hope to post mine and maybe start a tradeing page Thanks

If it has not been said:

java script:emoticon(':wttc:',%20'smid_64')

(Not sure why the icon is not working.. should be a welcome to 914 world.)

Do a search on MS, and there are several people who have done it. You also might be able to get one from Matt at www.diyautotune.com.

-- brett
thenewwazoo
This map will cause your engine to explode, your wheels to fall off, your wife to leave you, and your beer to taste like macrobrew from the midwest.

This map was used on a rather tired 2.0, in a completely stock replace-the-Bosch kind of way. Adjust fuelling for displacement and fuel injector size as appropriate.

You can download it at

http://optimaltour.us/2010-03-17_10.40.19_...uise_tuning.msq

It was pretty close for my application, though the intake reversion made the mid-range of the map too unpredictable (there was a resonance issue). I've also added the dyno chart.
Ductech
What are you going to be using for feedback to you so you know if your tuning is doing good or bad? narrowband ? Wideband? what other sensors do you have hooked up to the squirt?
underthetire
I can email mine to you, but its probably off, it's 1.7 injectors with a Bus 2.0, GM TPS, GM ATS, stock head temp sensor. It's ~13.0 at most ranges. I can send it after work if you need it. I would like to see a repository for our cars with different configs, so we can try others.
JamesM
Maps are going to vary between cars depending on how the MS was setup. Changes in injectors, intake, exhaust, resistor packs, PWM settings, and req fuel setup, will cause a map that works on one car to run like complete crap on another.

Someone else map should be enough to get your car started provided both you and them had set their req. fuel variable to properly match the injectors being used, it will most likely need tuning after you get it started though.

If you provide a very specific description of your setup someone might have something close.

-James

QUOTE(flash914 @ Jun 22 2011, 02:06 PM) *

flash914
Like I say I'm new to this but here goes. I'm using the stock 1.7lit. intake, fuel pump, injectors, cylinder head temp sender and intake sender( which i will recalabrate) with a bosch TPS (I modified my throttle shaft, made a centering bushing, and plate to make it fit). The map of corse is on the board. I will be using a stock distributor with point for a while untill I get the fuel right. The engine is a 1.8 liter. should be close to stock. Oil bath air filter. I realize what works one one will not work on another but worth a try. Thanks everyone
Mike Bellis
welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.