Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone ID This Exhaust System?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porsche Rescue
I received the headers/muffler pictured along with a once-upon-a-time race engine which decided to send the big end of a rod through the case. Appears to have stock 1.7 barrels with some exotic pistons. Heads are 4 stud intake so must be 1.7/1.8. Does anyone recognize the headers? Will they fit a 2.0? The system is hot jet coated so they only look like stainless. How about a WAG as to value should I put the stuff in classifieds or on ebay.
Gint
I've never seen anything like that before from any vendor.
Aaron Cox
looks homemade! very cool ohmy.gif
Dave Cawdrey
I want it, Jim... I sent you a PM biggrin.gif
seanery
Hey Jim,
can we see a full sized pic of your avatar?
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(seanery @ Apr 20 2003, 06:02 PM)
Hey Jim,
can we see a full sized pic of your avatar?

Its his garage... Sooper nice cool_shades.gif
seanery
the previous avatar didn't do the justice that I think the garage deserves....that's why i wanna see a big pic if i can....I'm terribly jealous....thinking about moving just so I can get out of my 1 car garage into a big 2 or 3 car garage!

I need to be able to work in the winter.
Porsche Rescue
Like most of you young guys I used to have one car at a time and a normal double garage if lucky. One of the good things (there aren't too many) about getting older is having a few more toys and a bigger garage. As you can tell it is a 3-car but with the lift it is a four and it is wide enough that I think I can get a 914 in the space between the doors to make 5 (right now that space is filled with the engine/trans that is to go in the phoenix red '74 in the middle). The box of pieces and exhaust system came to me with it. JP Stein is loaning me his engine jack for the install.
The car on the left is a '71 with original paint and interior, 95K miles, engine never out. Drove it home from Chicago last fall (may be for sale soon). Gray car on right is my 6 track-toy which was listed on Ebay yesterday (see Stratplayer's post below). The '74 is my "keeper". It is also all original paint, interior and has only 30,200 total miles. You all probably wish Sean hadn't asked!
Gint
Aha! I knew I recognized that car! I just couldn't remember where. Good luck with the auction Jim.
seanery
Jim,

Thanks for the info!
I'd kill for half the space you have!!

Nice cars, by the way!
Dave Cawdrey
I saw that 74 in person. Nicest car ('teen) I've ever seen. He (Jim) got an unbelievable deal.
Not gonna tell ya tongue.gif
krk
Jim,

That is an awesome garage. (and best of luck on the auction -- the car looks very good!) You are right -- there are some benefits to being... er... not-so-young... lol)

kim.
J P Stein
Jim's "keeper" is THE nicest 914 I've ever seen (I don't hang with the CWs, tho).....not stock, but with 31K miles.....NICE. The original paint is nearly flawless...I didn't see any.

I'm not a big fan of the 916 bumpers, but they look good on this car and the fitment is top notch. My opinion don't count much, but I would return the "look" to stock...if you can find some bumpers as nice as the rest of the car.....some 4 lug Fuch.....
shoguneagle
I now know why I retired. To get a larger garage for keeping all the toys at home. Let's see, if Jim has a three car, what do I need?? Maybe a couple more stalls. I am envious. Looks great and very organized. Enjoy it.

Steve Hurt
Porsche Rescue
This thread kinda changed from the headers to my garage. Anyone got any thoughts on the exhaust system? Brad, you gotta have an idea.
Brad Roberts
I know what they are and I know how they did them.

WHY ?? is the question LOL

B
Brad Roberts
They are not headers by any means.

They are stock heat exchangers with the tin cut off and a 911 collector installed. The muffler looks very similar to a 911 Bursch setup. You can see why they used muffler clamps in two places (to get the proper length for the outlet)

I'm sure it works fine, but it doesnt scavenge like a true header does (the end of one pulse helps pull the next in a true header) This is why you have merged 4 into 1 collectors and tri-Y setups.

Post it on Ebay or the classifieds here and ask 250$ for it. The muffler setup is 150$ and the Jet hot is 150$..

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.