Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CAN YOU ID THESE FRONT BRAKE PADS...HELP
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914.SBC
I am doing a complete brake job, rotors, bearings, seals, pads and also struts and shocks. All is going good except the front pads.

I purchased a set of pads off ebay. They are pictured on the left. Ironically, Autozone had a set and they are identical to the pad pictured on the left. The pad on the right is what came off the car. My car is a 70 and I believe it was a 1.7 originally. I saw on the Autozone computer a set of pads for a 928 and they are similar but not exact to what I have on the car.

The front rotor, bearings and seals all fit perfectly.

Do you guys have any clue what the pad on the left came off of. Could it be from a 914-6?

Thanks for your help boys.

ArtechnikA
QUOTE(914.SBC @ Jun 24 2011, 03:37 PM) *

Do you guys have any clue what the pad on the left came off of. Could it be from a 914-6?

Well - it _looks_ like it came off a 914/4.
What I can't ID is the pad on the right.
That is not like any Porsche pad I've ever seen (I do not claim to have seen them all...)

Can you show us a photo of the caliper on the car they're from?
'Cause ultimately, pads don't fit cars - they fit calipers...
914.SBC
Okay, I figured it out. Looks like I have BMW calipers on the front. Just ordered them from Pelican and I learned another lesson STOP ORDERING OFF EBAY CUZ I AM CHEAP.
SLITS
eBay has bimmer pads too!
ldsgeek
BMW 320i (E21, 1977-1983) pads. The notch at the top is for the pad wear sensor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.