Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Now another problem for 914 owners,
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1970 Neun vierzehn
This in the local daily:

"Men who drive Porsches or flaunt other flashy possessions are usually not the "marrying kind", a new study suggests.
"Researchers from Rice University, the University of Texas-San Antonio and the University of Minnesota found that men's conspicuous spending is often driven by the desire to have uncommited romantic flings.
"This research suggests that conspicuous products, such as Porsches, can serve the same function for some men that large and brilliant feathers serve for peacocks," said study author Jill Sundie, an assistant professor of marketing at the University of Texas-San Antonio.
"The researchers also indicated that the men who pursued this strategy were only interested in short-term sexual relationships.
"In analyzing more than 1,000 men, researchers said being in possession of a Porsche or other flashy luxury product did make a man more deisirable to women than owning a non-luxury item, such as a Honda Civic. However, the attraction ended there.

Maybe that's why wifey wants me to sell the 914, it's a "chick magnet" biggrin.gif
SLITS
Bummer .... I thought they were peterextenders.

Oh well...

Guess I'll go buy a Honda Civic.

bs.gif
plymouth37
My chick magnet appears to have lost its powers since it's on jackstands, looks like my marriage is safe for now!
PanelBilly
They make you last longer. At least that what I keep telling the GF

chuckc
What a load of shat!
1. Teeners are ugly, 911's are bugs w/ running shoes, boxters don't run at all and the rest of them want to be 911's (24's, 44's, 28's, 68's forgot where the engine was supposed to live and no self respecting gold digger rides in a front engined sports car that's not a merc or jag.) Therefore any woman that would like a man because of his porsche would half to be fat or daft, especialy a 914 {present company excluded of course}
3. I've been happily married for 12 years and my wife likes me inspite of my teener.
beerchug.gif
Porschef
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Jun 24 2011, 07:54 PM) *

This in the local daily:

"Men who drive Porsches or flaunt other flashy possessions are usually not the "marrying kind", a new study suggests.
"Researchers from Rice University, the University of Texas-San Antonio and the University of Minnesota found that men's conspicuous spending is often driven by the desire to have uncommited romantic flings.
"This research suggests that conspicuous products, such as Porsches, can serve the same function for some men that large and brilliant feathers serve for peacocks," said study author Jill Sundie, an assistant professor of marketing at the University of Texas-San Antonio.
"The researchers also indicated that the men who pursued this strategy were only interested in short-term sexual relationships.
"In analyzing more than 1,000 men, researchers said being in possession of a Porsche or other flashy luxury product did make a man more deisirable to women than owning a non-luxury item, such as a Honda Civic. However, the attraction ended there.

Maybe that's why wifey wants me to sell the 914, it's a "chick magnet" biggrin.gif

Ah,crap, I own a civic and a 914. Now what? Do I only cheat on weekends? During the week? Jeez,this is so confusing!

Fuchetaboutit. I'm going to bed.

Daft. What a great word.

Joe
76-914
Uh huh, listen. Screw all that. I just want to be the first in line for a poster of that. I don't care if it's B&W, color, desk size, poster size or a screen saver. w00t.gif wub.gif
Ericv1
I don't think that statement was meant for a 40 year old car that in stock form can barley keep up with a Toyota Prius. Don't get me wrong, I love the car and wish I saw more than one on the road every two or three years, but most people don't even know it's a Porsche. So, it's magnetism in this case is lost.
Ian Stott
My physique and extemely ordinary looks with a receding hairline and long time marriage probably means the survey people neglected to talk to me! What a load of horseshit, people who appreciate fine automobiles probably weren't part of this survey, they seem to have surveyed car salesmen wearing mediocre suits and cheap shoes but sporting Porsche sunglasses!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
FourBlades

Boy these "researchers" are real geniuses. What an original thought.

Of course some people try to attract the opposite sex with trinkets of all sorts.

Some people also enjoy the feeling of driving a performance car and enjoy
owning a well engineering machine.

I'd be willing to bet more than half the people buying new Porsches are already
married anyway.

John

johannes
QUOTE(FourBlades @ Jun 25 2011, 06:44 AM) *

I'd be willing to bet more than half the people buying new Porsches are already
married anyway.

John

I agree ...

toolguy
So I wonder what the same 'researchers' say about Gal's with store bought tits. .
Twise
IPB Image

Here is the author of the study.

In my experience guys who buy cars just for there status are usually guys that don't know shit about cars. Most of those guys would fit inside her box very well and they are some of my best customers. I think anyone who owns a 914 is in it for the love of the vehicle, and does not fit in her box at all. Feel free to email and ask her...

SLITS
Thanks, .... that answers all my questions ... an academician with little experience and no real job.

Her BF prolly drives a KIA.
Andyrew
Dont educators have to write 2 published books or articles a year?

Might be just filling a quota... smile.gif
Porschef
QUOTE(Twise @ Jun 27 2011, 07:44 PM) *

IPB Image

Here is the author of the study.

In my experience guys who buy cars just for there status are usually guys that don't know shit about cars. Most of those guys would fit inside her box very well and they are some of my best customers. I think anyone who owns a 914 is in it for the love of the vehicle, and does not fit in her box at all. Feel free to email and ask her...

You said fit inside her box......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.